Thursday, December 13, 2012

December Countdown - Love Potion Day 4

Good morning, Blogland! Thank you for joining me for Day 4 of the December Papertrey release countdown.  I have a couple more projects to share with you today that feature the new Love Potion stamp set and die collection (available December 15th). Let's get started!

First up is a Valentine's Day card that uses non-traditional Valentine colors. Not everyone gets all amorous at the sight of red and pink, so I thought I'd try something a little different.


I started by die cutting a circle from a piece of Spring Rain cardstock. Then I randomly stamped my beakers in white ink and adhered that layer to a white card base. Next I die cut two of the beakers and stamped them with their coordinating outlines and fillers. I stamped the loopy image from Gingerbread Lane on the base and mounted the beakers over it so that the beakers are connected.


Next I stamped the love equation onto Limeade Ice cardstock with watermark ink and heat embossed with clear detail powder. I scored the ends of that cardstock strip and folded it into a banner of sorts. I used a square punch to notch the ends and adhered it to the Spring Rain layer. I finished the card by running a glitter pen over the loopy beaker connecter and adding a couple of rhinestones to the sentiment banner.

Next up I have a little Valentine treat to share. I thought it might be fun to fill a few Trendy Tubes with drink mix (pink lemonade in this case) and add tags as an alternative to a typical card.


I started by die cutting my tags and beakers and stamped them all with their coordinating outlines and fillers. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments (from Holiday Treats) on the Pure Poppy tags. After those had cooled a moment, I stamped each tag with the love bond image using watermark ink.


Each beaker was added to its tag with foam adhesive. The hearts on the Poppy tags were embellished with glitter and the Aqua Mist tag got a little bonus baker's twine action.


The tags were tied to the Trendy Tubes with baker's twine. I had the small tubes on hand. They are large enough to hold about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of drink mix (which, according to the beverage packaging, will make about 12 ounces of lemonade).


I also feel the need to mention that you should never eat or drink out of lab equipment. Perhaps that goes without saying, but I'd rather cover my rear here just in case.

This idea would also work really well for Halloween treats (using the solid fillers) or science-theme party favors. You could easily fill the tubes with any sort of drink mix or small candy (though you might want to spring for the larger tubes if you fill with candy). And I learned recently (ahem...yesterday) that there are plenty of colors of drink mix available to fit any theme!

Thank you for joining me again today. It's Group Post day, so make sure to check in with Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Cristina, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Jess, Maile, and Melissa as they share their exciting countdown projects. And don't forget to check in with Lexi as she shares more with her upcoming set, too. One more day of posts, friends. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
You + Me Beakers Card
Stamps: Love Potion (available December 15th), Gingerbread Lane - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink; white
Inks: Fresh Snow, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Love Potion Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Circle Die - Quickutz; Square Punch - EK Success; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Glitter Pen - Sakura; Clear Rhinestones - Darice; Foam Adhesive - Scotch

Valentine Tags
Stamps: Love Potion (available December 15th), Holiday Treats - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Inks: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko; Tuxedo Black - Memento
Other: Love Potion Die Collection, Tag Sale #5 Die, Fillable Frames #9 Die, Small Trendy Tubes - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Christmas Red Stickles - Ranger; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Teal, Cotton Candy, and Cherry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Pink Lemonade Drink Mix - Country Time

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is a brilliant set Lizzie. Love the drink mix idea.

Holly Field said...

I am so "casing" you on the drink idea for my daughter's Valentines at school this year:)

Randi said...

Too cool!

Cindy Groh said...

Love how you used this set. I am thinking of purchasing that stamp set. It's so cute.