Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Countdown - Love Potion Day 2

Good morning, Blogland! Thank you all for your lovely comments and feedback about Love Potion. I'm so excited to be bringing you this set and it sounds like y'all are pretty excited too! And, yes, Taheerah, nerds are totally cool. ; )

I have a couple of cards to share with you today that will hopefully show the versatility of Love Potion. Let's get started, shall we?


This first card is a nerdy little Valentine. I created my patterned paper by randomly stamping the three beakers and then alternating the fillers throughout. I added a little texture with the Linen & Canvas impression plate before adhering to a Pure Poppy base. Next I chose a handful of hearts in the fillers to embellish with glitter to add a little sparkle to an otherwise flat background.


The next step was making my sentiment strip. I stamped the love equation in Fresh Snow ink and embossed with white detail powder. Then I cut the swallow-tail notch with a square punch and embellished the edges with glitter. I used 1/8" Scor Tape to get a nice, crisp line. The sentiment strip was then added to the base using foam adhesive. Simple and sweet.

The next card would be perfect for the chemistry teacher in your (or your teenager's) life. I'm sure many of you are working on holiday teacher gifts right now, so I thought this might be timely. I teamed Love Potion with Teach & Inspire and a tiny bit of Gingerbread Lane for this holiday thank you card.


I started by stamping my focal strip with the chevron and sentiment from Teach & Inspire. Then I die cut and stamped my beaker, using the non-bubbly filler for the beaker. I included fillers without heart bubbles so the set could be used year-round or for people that you, just maybe, don't want to give a lovey dovey card. I also die cut the beaker from clear cardstock and ran it through my Xyron so I could make my beaker look a bit more realistic. I layered my beaker cut outs and added a glittered candy cane before adhering the beaker to my focal strip with foam adhesive.


Next, I stamped my base with polka dots using watermark ink and stamped and trimmed my "Teacher" tab. I adhered my focal strip to the base with foam adhesive and tucked the "Teacher" tab right next to it. It's all set to give to show appreciation to a deserving teacher.

Thank you for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Heather, Maile, and Ashley as they showcase more of this month's release. See you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
You + Me Card
Stamps: Love Potion (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Square Punch - EK Success; Super Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glue Pen - Zig

Chemistry Teacher Thank You
Stamps: Love Potion (available December 15th), Teach & Inspire, Gingerbread Lane, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Clearly Creative Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Limeade Ice, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Love Potion Die Collection (available December 15th), Gingerbread Lane Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron Machine

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

The teacher card is so cute! I love the candy cane touch. I am very excited about this set. It is awesome!!

Marcie Rhys said...

Yhaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm a sixty year old science nerd and I LOVE this set. It is so totally cool and different. I will be signing up for this one, and I thought I already had all the Valentine's Day stamps I needed. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The candy cane in the lab beaker is just adorable! What a creative imagination you must have! Pat Kinkaid

Morag said...

Love that second card for a teacher! So sweet!!

Holly Saveur said...

Super cute cards!

conil said...

I'm so crazy about this "chemistry" set. You've sold me on them.

Randi said...

Too cool!

Jan Garber said...

I think you got all those potions just right!