Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh, Baby!

Hello, Blogland! It's taken me a few days to recuperate and reorganize, but I'm back today with a little baby card to share. This is a girly version of the teddy bear card I shared here a couple of weeks ago.


I started by stamping and die cutting the kitten image. She was then colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits before being matted with a bit of Summer Sunrise cardstock. Next I stamped the patterned paper panel (Ha! say that three times fast) and cut the edge with the small scalloped border die for a decorative finish. The patterned layer was adhered to a Berry Sorbet card base that had been stamped with a polka dot background and baby sentiment. I added Lemon Tart ribbon and gray baker's twine before mounting my kitten panel with foam tape. As a last touch I embellished the kitten with a bit of dimensional glaze and glitter.

A pretty straightforward card for your Tuesday evening. Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Tremendous Treats Valentine, Everyday Classics (anniversary set), Polka Dot Basics, Luck of the Irish - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Smoky Shadow, Fresh Snow, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink
Other: Small Scalloped Border Die, Lemon Tart Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Oyster Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Circle Dies - Quickutz; Glossy Accents, Stickles - Ranger; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Foam tape - Scotch; mineral spirits

No comments: