Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Mother's Day Card

Hello, Blogland. I'm going to keep it quick this evening if you don't mind. An overly ambitious resistance band routine has left me in a bit of discomfort (<--- understatement of the year, folks - I hurt m'self) and all I really want to do is take Advil and head to bed with a book. Hope you don't mind too terribly much.


Anyway, today I'm sharing a Mother's Day card I made using In Bloom. I colored and cut out my flowers (I didn't use the die cuts because, again, I'm a cheapskate and I don't have them) and set them aside for a few minutes. Next, I stamped my Kraft panel with polka dots and my sentiment and adhered it to a white base. I wrapped the base with a bit of ruffled ribbon and embellished it with a couple of pearls. Then I adhered a few leaves and mounted my flower with foam tape. One last pearl on the flower's center finishes things off nicely.

Thank you for stopping by today. I'm planning another post for later this week, so I'll see you again soon. Take care!

Recipe:
Stamps: In Bloom, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink; Mother's Day Sentiment - Hero Arts (it may be discontinued - I didn't see it on their website)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Kraft - Papertrey Ink; generic white
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Dark Brown Ruffle-Edged Ribbon - May Arts; Pearls - Mark Richards; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor

2 comments:

Randi said...

Love the card! DISLIKE you're feeling poopy:-(

Winnie said...

What a pretty card. Very cool color combo and so elegant..Feel better....