Friday, May 1, 2009

Pretty Pastel Birthday Card

Today's card is actually a similar design to one I made back in February. I wanted to design a pretty, soft birthday card and the layout and stamp set just seemed to fit the bill.



I started with a white base layered with a piece of patterned paper from Crate Paper. I placed the brads before adhering the patterned paper to the base because I like to keep the inside of my cards "clean." These brads were actually white brads that I colored by rolling them in Spring Moss ink and setting the color with clear embossing powder. I love to use this technique for those times I just don't have quite the right color on hand. Then, I knotted a piece of stitched pink ribbon around the entire card before mounting the focal image with foam tape.

To crate the focal panel, I started by stamping the daisy in Frost white and Spring Moss inks onto Spring Moss cardstock. I wanted the flower's center to really pop so I stamped it in Sweet Blush ink onto white cardstock and sponged the edges for a little umph. I really love the way it makes the center look almost rounded. That was then mounted to the daisy with foam tape as well. I finished the stamping by adding a birthday sentiment from Faux Ribbon in Frost White ink.



The daisy image was adhered to a piece of Linen Vellum cardstock to frame it and make it a little more special. I love that the vellum has such a great texture and in this case it works better than regular cardstock because it's just a little softer. The scalloped edge was achieved by using a Martha Stewart punch. I generally gravitate toward more pronounced scallops, but I really like the wide, scooping scallop on this punch.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card. Please visit again soon!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Patterned Paper: Blueberry Hill Collection - Crate Paper
Stamps: Floral Frenzy, Faux Ribbon, Beautiful Blooms - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink; Frost White - Colorbox
Ribbon: Pink Stitched - Michaels
Brads: White Mini Brads - American Crafts
Tools: Scalloped Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Other: Clear Embossing Powder; Heat Gun; Foam Tape - Scotch

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

beautiful! love how the background supports so gently!

BethieJ said...

Lizzie this is soo CUTE! LOVE the stamps and that PP is so pretty! Congrats again on the write up in the PTI newsletter!!
Have a GREAT weekend!