Thursday, June 21, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Zappy Birthday

Hey there, Papertrey Ink fans, and welcome to this week's Throwback Thursday feature! Today Heather, Laurie, and I are revisiting Lexi's Zappy Birthday set. My husband is a big comic book fan and he has a big birthday coming up. It's been awhile since I last pulled out Zappy Birthday, but it seemed like the perfect set to use to create a special card that would be right up his alley. I paired it with the coordinating Superhero set and the Cover Plate: Comic Strip and I have to say...I'm totally smitten all over again!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ZappyBirthday_ComicBirthdayCard

I began by die cutting the Cover Plate: Comic Strip shape and traced out the openings so I knew exactly where the cover plate would fall when I glued it down. I sponged Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy, and Harvest Gold inks into three of the openings and stamped the dotted background from Superhero in the other two before adhering the die cut into place.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ZappyBirthday_ComicBirthdayCard3

I stamped and die cut the burst image from Zappy Birthday and the "Wow!" using the coordinating Zappy Birthday die collection. I adhered the "Wow!" to the burst with foam tape and the burst to the card front with more foam tape. The next square I stamped with the shield from Superhero and the sentiment from Zappy Birthday.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ZappyBirthday_ComicBirthdayCard2

For the large central rectangle, I simply die cut a "birthday" greeting using the Birthday Trio Die Collection and stamped it using the same dot pattern from Superhero. I placed it where I knew I wanted to adhere it and used a greeting from Zappy Birthday to complete the message. The original sentiment said "It's your day!" so I just masked off the last bit to make it work the way I needed it to.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ZappyBirthday_ComicBirthdayCard4

I stamped and die cut the caped crusader from Superhero for the bottom right corner and used the sentiment and speech bubble from Zappy Birthday to give him a voice. In the final rectangle, I used the lightning bolt from Zappy Birthday to create "broadcasting" vibes for the Zappy Birthday Die tower and the star emblem from Superhero to call the defender-in-chief for his birthday party.

I think my very own super hero will love this card for his birthday! Make sure to check in with Heather and Laurie to see how they've used Zappy Birthday today. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Supplies:

No comments: