Thursday, March 22, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Fresh Floral Wrap-Ups

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday feature! This week Stephanie, Melissa, and I are showcasing Fresh Floral Wrap-Ups. This set charmed me so much when it first came out and revisiting it for today’s feature was a joy! The lovely bouquet comes together in just a couple of simple steps and the sentiments are totally unique.

I decided to pair the set with the new Penned Elegance Alphabet to create a personalized card for Mother's Day. Yay!

LizzieJones_ThrowbackThursday_FreshFloralWrapUps_ILoveYouCard1

I began by die cutting and stamping the bouquet itself. I used Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet for the blooms and Green Parakeet and New Leaf for the greenery. Then, I went in with a yellow Copic and added the flower centers and embellished those areas with clear glitter for a bit of sparkle. Next, I stamped the floral wrap using Fine Linen and Classic Craft inks. I stamped the strings image in Smokey Shadow and then added a die cut tag to finish it off.

LizzieJones_ThrowbackThursday_FreshFloralWrapUps_ILoveYouCard2

Next, I stamped the greeting on a Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical panel. I used the Penned Elegance Alphabet for the "Mom" and the "I love you" came from the Fresh Floral Wrap-Ups set. I used a stamp press to get nice blending on the "Mom" using Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet inks.

LizzieJones_ThrowbackThursday_FreshFloralWrapUps_ILoveYouCard3

I covered a card base with Harvest Gold Bitty Big paper and then layered it with a Bold Borders: Diagonal die cut. I mounted the sentiment panel to the front of the card using foam tape and then added the bouquet with varying layers of foam adhesive. It's fun and sparkly and I'm looking forward to sending it this Mother's Day.

Thank you for stopping by today! Make sure to pop over and check out Stephanie and Melissa's projects too! Have a great day!

Supplies:
Mom, I Love You Card

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

Lizzie, this is such a lovely card - love it!