Monday, February 12, 2018

Introducing Papertrey Ink's Glorious Globes & Shape Shifter Dies

Good morning, friends! I'm just going to pop in quickly to share a project I have made with my new Glorious Globes: Basics and Glorious Globes: February stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. Globes always catch my eye when I see them online or in quirky junk stores and I decided to design a set with them in mind. I have a Basics set as well as a monthly mini series that will come out over the next year.


And because we're still in the midst of the Papertrey Ink 11th Anniversary countdown, we have a challenge for you today! Each designer has a color palette to share to inspire you in your crafting. Your challenge is to create a project with your favorite combo and link it up on our team blog. There's also a download available there in the event that you want to hold on to the color palettes for future reference. You can see my color card above, but let's take a closer look at the project it's based on, shall we?

Thinking Of You Globes Card

I used a combination of images from the Basics and February Glorious Globes sets to create this card. I impressed the Shape Shifters: Circle 1 outer die into a panel of white cardstock and then stamped it with the stack of travel books from Glorious Globes: Basics.


Thinking Of You Globes Card 2

I stamped the globes in a pretty straightforward manner, aside from the globe stands. I stamped those first with Honey Nut and then overstamped with VersaMark before sprinkling on gold Perfect Pearls pigment powder. The result looks like brass with a nice patina.

Thinking Of You Globes Card 3

The sentiment is from Penned Elegance and I stamped it in Tropical Teal. I added that panel to an Aqua Mist card base that I had stamped with diagonal stripes. Then, I added my globes using a mix of flat and foam adhesives. I'm going to have so much fun with these globes over the next year!

Thank you for stopping by today! Make sure to visit with Amy, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, and Stephanie to see their gorgeous projects and to see the rest of the color palettes for today's challenge. I'll see you again soon with more of this month's anniversary release. Have a great day!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Tanja said...

Love the vintage charm of this set. Thanks for the inspiration.

nancy said...

You're going to busy this year with all of your different series, Lizzie. I'm curious to see what you are going to do with a year of globes. And I'm super excited for the two series introduced yesterday. Corner Adorner is a clever idea and the price point makes it even better. My initial impression is that Sentiment Staples will be my favorite of the three. (You might have more. There's been so much going on!) I really like having options and the three different medium sized sentiments give me that. Thank you!