Tuesday, September 19, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Holiday Tag Along Mini Kit & Quoted

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to another day of Papertrey Ink September release inspiration! I'm back today to showcase Betsy's new Holiday Tag Along Mini Kit and Nichole's latest installation of the Quoted series. Let's get to the projects, shall we?

How about we start with the Holiday Tag Along Mini Kit? Betsy really thought out the details with this kit and it's so much fun to use! I paired it today with my new Wine Bottle Tag #2 Die to create a tag with a pocket for a gift card.

From Our Home To Yours Wine Bottle Tag

I began by die cutting tags from Rustic White and Classic Kraft cardstocks. I trimmed down the Kraft piece to be just a bit taller than a gift card and then die cut it with the tag (along the top) and chevron inserts. The scalloped dip creates a handy finger-hold, making it easy to slide a gift card in and out of the pocket. Next, I stamped the wreath and heat embossed the sentiment from the Tag Along stamp set.

From Our Home To Yours Wine Bottle Tag 2

Then, I sponged New Leaf ink onto a small panel of Rustic White cardstock. I speckled it with clean water and reinker to add texture and then adhered it behind the chevrons. It's not only a pretty background, but it also conceals the gift card so I don't have to worry about a busy pattern peeking out from the pocket.

From Our Home To Yours Wine Bottle Tag 3

I adhered the Kraft piece to the Rustic White tag that I'd already cut using 1/8" ScorTape around the edges. Then, I stamped and die cut a bow (this one is from Brilliant Baubles), added it to the wreath with foam tape, and embellished the berries with Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Supplies:


Next up, I have a card pairing Nichole's Quoted: Favorite Things set with my Brilliant Baubles and Gift Card Cozy Sentiments sets.

Brown Paper Packages Card

As soon as I saw this greeting, all I could think about was creating a pile of "brown paper packages" just waiting to be opened. To do so, I simply cut a few Fine Linen cardstock rectangles and sponged them with Classic Kraft around the edges. When the ink had dried, I heat embossed them with the thin ribbon from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments. I used the bow from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments on the larger, squarish box and the bow from Brilliant Baubles on the smallest box.

Brown Paper Packages Card 2

I stamped the sentiment from Quoted: Favorite Things onto a Rustic White card base using Ripe Avocado and Pure Poppy inks. I added the small heart and holly leaves (also from the set) below in Pure Poppy and Spring Moss. Then, I adhered the boxes to the card base, using different thicknesses of foam adhesive to add dimension.

Brown Paper Packages Card 3

Next, I stamped and die cut the flower and holly leaves from Brilliant Baubles to embellish the tallest box. All I needed to finish up was add a bit of Florentine Gold glitter to the center of the flower for a touch of sparkle. I'm smitten.

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow for one last official release post. In the meantime, make sure to pop in and visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda for more projects with this month's release. See you soon, everyone!

5 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your card!!

Ribbons and Roots said...

Oh I just love this!

Kelly S. said...

The packages...so ADORABLE!

Julie said...

cute, cute, cute!

Diana K said...

You've done it again! Your brown paper packages are genius. Love everything you've made this release, Lizzie.