Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Blog Hop


Hi there, friends! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I just wanted to pop in today to play along with the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.


The prompt photos that Nichole chose for this month got me so inspired that I figured it might be fun to give it a shot. So here I am!

You're Awesome Card

You all know how much I love building backgrounds, so I started there. I began by sponging a piece of white cardstock with Aqua Mist ink. Then, I pulled Courage & Kindness, Forget-Me-Not, and Turning A New Leaf to create my pattern. I went with an Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Tropical Teal, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo, Stormy Sea, Lovely Lady, and Raspberry Fizz color scheme, also inspired by the photos. I used the Courage & Kindness dies to mask off the center of the largest flower to resemble the blooms in the inspiration photo. I also masked the flower centers for those flowers and the Enchanted Evening ones, but I hand cut those masks so there would be narrower margins between the colors.

You're Awesome Close Up


Once I had finished my background panel, I adhered it to an Aqua Mist card base. Then, I die cut "HI" from a Raspberry Fizz panel using the Headline Alphabet and heat embossed it with a sentiment from Family Ties. I simply added that to the front of the card with foam tape for a little dimension, but left the card alone otherwise. I chose to let the background pattern be the focus rather than any other embellishments I might have added. Thanks for joining me today and happy hopping!

Supplies:

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's so pretty!

Marybeth said...

That is one amazing background you built! My goodness it's gorgeous!!!!!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Wow, Lizzie, your bg is spot on, fabulous!!! Love your card!

Greta said...

Fabulous stamping & absolutely love how you did the sentiment, Lizzie!

Luvpurple said...

Such a beautiful card, Lizzie!

Linda said...

A beautiful background, Lizzie.

Kathy Mc said...

Some day, Lizzie, I want to be just like you. It's great seeing you play along with us, and I love your card. The background looks just like that photo, and your sentiment strip is awesome. Just lovely!

Kathryn A said...

Love this background! It would make a wonderful fabric for quilting! I also like the unique way you've done the sentiment. I must remember that ;)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this definitely shows your amazing talent as a background artist Lizzie...totally in LOVE with this GORGEOUS card! I loved your tutorial last week so much using the What The Doodle: Paisley set that I used your idea for my card for the blog hop today! Thanks for once again giving me so much inspiration today...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Vicki Finger said...

So pretty, Lizzie!

Claire said...

Love how youj've replicated the inspiration pics - just gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!