Thursday, November 12, 2015

Introducing Winter Woods (and more Confetti Toss)

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink November countdown! Today is the first group post of this month and we're featuring a set by Nichole called Winter Woods. We just so happen to live in the woods, so this set is right up my alley! I think I love the birds most in the winter because they add cheerful activity and color to a largely gray landscape. Winter Woods gave me a great, big smile as soon as I took it out of the box. I'm sure this is a set I'll be using time and again for a very long time. Let's get to a couple of projects!

As soon as I saw the cardinal I couldn't wait to use it on a card (it is the state bird of Ohio after all), so that was the first bird I'm sharing with you today.

Just A Note Card

I began by stamping a Stormy Sea card base with Confetti Toss dots to look like snowflakes (they're great as raindrops, too). I heat embossed the first round and then stamped Fresh Snow dots to fill in a bit. I layered the base with the new Cover Plate: Winter Woods die cut from Soft Stone cardstock. I stamped the birch trunks with texture lines in Fresh Snow before adhering it to the card front.

Just A Note Close Up

Next, I die cut the snow drifts using the In The Meadow Die Collection and stamped my sentiment in Stormy Sea on the front drift. I textured those with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and glittered their edges before attaching them to the card front with flat and foam adhesives. I then die cut and stamped the cardinal with Pure Poppy and True Black inks and adhered him to the birch branch with foam tape. He still looked a little flat though, so I added a black rhinestone to make his eye really sparkle.

Next up, is a birthday card. Nature motifs are some of my favorites for men's cards and this set truly lends itself well to more masculine designs.

Birthday Bluejay Card

I began by die cutting two of the pine boughs from Rustic White cardstock and stamping them with their coordinating images in Pinefeather and Stormy Sea inks. I then stamped the snowflakes from Fab Flakes in Spring Rain (full strength and 2nd generation) onto a Rustic White card base. I stamped the sentiment from Winter Woods in Pinefeather ink and adhered my branches into place on the card front. The bough below the bluejay is adhered with flat adhesive and the second branch is adhered with two layers of foam tape (I thought the extra depth made it look a little more like you were peeking through branches and happened upon a bird).

Birthday Bluejay Close Up

Then, I die cut and stamped the bluejay in Blueberry Sky and True Black inks. I adhered him to his branch with foam tape and added a teeny, tiny dot of Glossy Accents to his eye. Nothing too girlie about this card.

My third and final card for today is showcases Confetti Toss.

Confetti Hello Card

I began by impressing the "hello" die into a white card base. Then, I die cut the same shape from a post it note and used that to mask off the impressed area. I drew an oval around the word to give me a guideline and then went about stamping my confetti pattern in Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, and Terra Cotta Tile inks.

Confetti Hello Close Up

Once I was finished with my stamping, I removed the mask and embellished the Terra Cotta Tile dots with Glossy Accents. This card could be done in so many color combos or with other die cut words for the sentiment (though, I would suggest sticking with bolder fonts and shorter words for easier legibility).

Thank you all so much for stopping by today! I'll be back with more of this month's release tomorrow, but you can visit Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, Melissa, Erin, and Maile for more inspiration. Have a great day, everyone!

Recipes:
Just A Note Card
Stamps: Winter Woods, Confetti Toss - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Stormy Sea, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black, Fresh Snow, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Cover Plate: Winter Woods, Winter Woods Die, In The Meadow Die Collection, Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts Foam Tape - Scotch; Black Rhinestone - Mark Richards

Birthday Bluejay Card
Stamps: Winter Woods, Fab Flakes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Pinefeather, True Black, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink
Other: Winter Woods Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger

Confetti Hello Card
Stamps: Confetti Toss - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink
Other: Noted Die - Papertrey Ink; Glossy Accents - Ranger

10 comments:

Nancy said...

FABULOUS CARDS, are the birds part a stamp set?

Cindy H. said...

Wow! Lizzie, I so love all of your gorgeous cards!

Diana K said...

Gorgeous, Lizzie! All three of them. Stop tempting me.

merryf said...

gorgeous! That first card is spectacular!

Leslie S. said...

Oh Lizzie your cards are so gorgeous!!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful designs. Love the color the confetti adds. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Love how you made the color of the birds stand out!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Lovely Cards!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Sharon said...

Great projects, Lizzie! I'm definitely getting Confetti Toss!

Ohhh Snap said...

Love the cards!