Thursday, February 12, 2015

Even More Etched Easter Eggs Stamps & Dies

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 8 of the Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary Countdown! I'm back sharing more of Etched Easter Eggs with you today. I have one project for you today and it's a doozy!


I love decorating for holidays and Easter is no exception. Up until now I didn't have an Easter banner to hang above our fireplace, so I fixed that! This house has, no exaggeration, a combined 15 feet of mantle to decorate. This banner will take care of a few of those!


I began by die cutting the larger pennants from Soft Stone polka dot patterned paper and cardstock. I did the smaller layer from white and the decorative topper from Spring Rain. I adhered the Soft Stone pieces back to back (this is just to give a nice finished edge on both sides) and layered on the white and Spring Rain pieces.


Next, I die cut solid eggs from Lavender Moon, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, and Aqua Mist. I stamped each one with a patterned egg from Etched Easter Eggs and heat embossed with white detail powder. Then, I carefully die cut a letter from each decorated egg using the Headline Alphabet dies. When die cutting, I used a piece of copy paper to protect the embossing from the cutting plate (just in case the pressure made the waxy surface stick to the plate). It worked like a charm! I set those eggs aside momentarily and got to work on the lacy, glittered eggs that I used as spacers.


I began by die cutting those eggs from Xyroned white cardstock four times and and a piece of Xyroned colored cardstock once. I used Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, and Lavender Moon for these. I layered the egg die cuts, finishing with the colorful piece on top. I embellished the eggs with clear crystal glitter to give them a bit of sparkle and to allow their true colors to shine through.


Next, I worked on the "happy" pennant. I die cut the word from the Tipped Tops Die collection four times from white cardstock and once from Spring Moss. I adhered those with Glossy Accents, finishing with the Spring Moss on top. Then, I started the assembly process.


I punched small holes in the top corners of each pennant using my Crop-a-dile and spaced them out on a piece of white ruffled-edge ribbon. I looped pieces of waxed white twine around the ribbon and through the holes in the pennants, tying them through Lavender Moon buttons to secure each pennant.


Then, I adhered my decorations into place. I waited until this step to make sure nothing got banged up in the assembly process. The lacey glittered eggs and the "happy" were adhered flat while the embossed eggs were mounted with foam adhesive.


I simply tied loops in the ribbon ends for easy hanging. I love how the banner turned out and I'm excited to display it during the Easter season!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Check back tomorrow to see what I have up my sleeve using the Text Block: Mom die and Etched Easter Eggs Collection. In the meantime, Nichole is sharing even more from this month's new releases over on her blog that you absolutely won't want to miss. See you soon!

Recipe:
Happy Easter Banner
Stamps: Etched Easter Eggs (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Soft Stone Polka Dot Paper, Spring Rain, Lavender Moon, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Etched Easter Egg Die Collection (available February 15th), Egg Die, Headline Alphabet Die, Basic Banners Die Collection, Banner Borders Die, Tipped Tops Die Collection, Lavender Moon Buttons - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Ruffle Edged Ribbon, Waxed Twine - May Arts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

8 comments:

StephH said...

Oh Lizzie, I was on the fence about Etched Eggs until I saw this banner! This is just beautiful! What a nice gift too. You've sold me now for sure!

Sandy M said...

Every year we have an Easter family reunion at my niece's house. I will definitely have to make one of these for her bay window. She treasures everything I stamp for her so I know this will be used for years. Beautiful job.

Kathy Mc said...

A 15-foot mantle? WOW, Lizzie, that's a long one. Your banner and bunnies look adorable there. What an awesome way to showcase your Etched Eggs besides on handmade cards!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi lizzie,

That Banner is too good for words!!!!
But how about the one that I invented.......SCRUPTILICIOUS!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi lizzie,

I messed up the word that I invented. It's supposed to say SCRUMPTILICIOUS.

Cariños,
María Alba

Cynde said...

Your banner is fabulous I absolutely Love it ,

Unknown said...

Nice!!

Kathy said...

I can't find the Etched Easter Egg die anywhere to buy??