Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Greetings

Good afternoon, Blogland! I just wanted to pop in with a quick card today. I've been spending most of my time this week getting ready for Craftin' Outlaws on Saturday, but I've also been keeping a keen eye on the Papertrey countdown projects. The designers are doing a wonderful job of making the needlework inspiration pop off the screen. It's got me in the mood to embroider for sure! But I have a few weeks of intense holiday prep to push through before I get to focus on making gifts for anyone on our Christmas list. In the spirit of Christmas, though, I thought I'd share a card I made a couple of weeks ago and hadn't had a chance to share yet.


This one uses my Gingerbread Lane stamps and dies. I just love that little house. It's so easy to customize the windows and decorations. On this one I stamped the outline if the house first and then embossed the windows with Versamark and clear powder. That allowed the windows to remain white even after I stamped the gingery filler over top of them. A bit of filling in with the door and gumdrops and this little house was nearly finished. I added glittered candy canes and glitter to the gumdrops for just a smidgen of sparkle.

I stamped my kraft layer with one of the stamps from Super Stripes. I love how long those stripes are. It makes background building a breeze! A little Mat Stack action and a swallow-tail paper strip pulled the whole thing together.

Thank you for stopping by today. If you're in town and happen to have some free time this weekend I hope you'll come say "hi" at the show! Take care and I'll be back soon.

Recipe:
Stamps: Gingerbread Lane, Background Basics: Super Stripes, Sunflower Bouquet (the shadow) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, New Leaf - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; Watermark Ink - Versamark
Other: Gingerbread Lane Dies, Canvas & Linen Impression Plate, Mat Stack 3 Die, Mat Stack 3 Layerz Die - Papertrey Ink; Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Square Punch; Copper Brad; Glue Pen


No comments: