Monday, February 6, 2012

Designing With Papertrey

Greetings, Blogland! May I ask you a question? Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep your trap shut when you have huge news? Like HUGE news? Tis a tricky position, my friends, but today I finally get to share my secret. I have, by some crazy-amazing stroke of luck, been given the opportunity to design a line of stamps for Papertrey Ink. I've been a fan and customer since the beginning, so this is more than I could have ever hoped for (at least out loud).


You can see Nichole's lovely post about this year's stamp designer line-up on her blog. I want to thank Nichole, Julie, and Jane for giving me this opportunity. Their confidence in me means so very much. I also want to welcome and offer congratulations to the other new stamp designers, Erin and Lexi. Hooray, ladies!

Well, as I'm sure you've come to realize, Anniversary week announcements tend to mean contests. Today's contest is a challenge. Each of the stamp designers has put together a little freebie image for y'all to use on your own project (the download is available on Nichole's blog). Simply print the Stamp Designer Freebies Sheet and create a project with one of the images, adding your link to InLinkz list. Easy as pie! The winner will receive a collection of the stamp designers' favorite stamp sets (I've chosen Rhythm & Soul to be included).

The image I've designed for you to use is a little award ribbon and I'm going to share a couple of projects I put together as inspiration.



The first card uses the ribbon image exactly as it's shown on the download. I laser printed the image onto white cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I die cut the center of the ribbon (it's 3/4" so it will work with a circle punch or die) and mounted it with foam tape. I die cut the Photo Finishers strip and stamped the sentiment in black ink. The strip was adhered directly to an Aqua Mist base that I'd corner rounded and stamped with polka dots. A little more foam tape to mount the ribbon and this card was all set.



On the second card, I wanted to use an image inside the ribbon center, so I just die cut a plain white circle and stamped away. I colored the ribbon with pencils again and embellished the star with a bit of glitter. Next, I die cut Fillable Frames #1 and stamped the frame and sentiment before adding the ribbon with foam tape. I stamped the largest dot burst from Dot Spot onto the base with Versamark and then wrapped Saddle Stitched ribbon and baker's twine around the whole she-bang. I mounted the frame/ribbon piece with foam tape and then stood back and patted myself on the back for a job well done (not really on that last part).

So there it is. Thank you for sharing in my excitement! Make sure to stop by the other stamp designers' blogs and welcome them to (or back to) the team:

Nichole Heady
Beth Silaka
Dawn McVey
Erin Lincoln
Heather Nichols
Lexi Daly
Lisa Johnson
Maile Belles
Melissa Bickford
Tiffany Pastor

Have a great day and I'll see you all again soon!

Absolutely Fabulous Recipe:
Stamps: Digital Freebie, Polka Dot Basics, Everyday Classics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fresh Snow Pigment - Papertrey Ink; black pigment
Other: Photo Finishers Dies - Papertrey Ink; Corner Chomper - We Are Memory Keepers; foam tape - Scotch; circle die - Quickutz; Prismacolor Pencils; mineral spirits

You Did It Recipe:
Stamps: Digital Freebie, Dot Spot, Simple Little Things, Fillable Frames #1, Text Boxed - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain Pigment - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko; black pigment
Other: Fillable Frames #1 Die, Spring Rain Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; glitter glue; circle die - Quickutz; Cherry baker's twine - Divine Twine; Prismacolor Pencils; mineral spirits

30 comments:

June K said...

Congrats Lizzie! Wow, big things have happened for you in the past one year. How exciting.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations, Lizzie! You deserve it. Now I will really bring my stamps sets to SAF for you to sign...Best wishes to you for your new adventure!

Melissa said...

YAY! Congrats Lizzie! I'm so thrilled to hear this! Can't wait to see more of your designs!

Dana said...

I'm so excited and happy for you Lizzie! I just know you will be a huge asset to PTI with your stamp designs. Cannot wait!

Cammie said...

Congratulations, Lizzie! I thought after Rhythmn and Soul was released, you certainly would be designing more stamp sets. I am thrilled you will be designing for PTI. I like the award ribbon you designed for today's freebie, and look forward to creating with your stamps.

Kelly S. said...

WOW, Lizzie, WOOW! I just knew I was going to see your name on this list, and I am so excited that your wish came true! Can't wait to see what's coming this year...just AWESOME news!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Liz said...

Huge congrats Lizzie! You deserve it!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being part of the PTI design team!! Love your fun little ribbon.

Sara Mac said...

I knew it Lizzie!!! I kept bugging you at SAF to tell me that this was going to happen:) Fun stuff. A HUGE Congratulations to you! Can't wait to see all your designs.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! TOTALLY AWESOME. Looking forward to seeing what you will be contributing to the already amazing stamp line-up :). Very happy for you!

Annheidel said...

Congratulations! I was hoping you would continue to design for PTI. Thanks for the digi image. I can't wait to see what else you design!

Marlena M. said...

Lizzie, I don't have an award ribbon yet-thanks for the image! Also, congratulations on designing for Papertrey. ;)

Mariana said...

Congratulations!!! Have lots of fun!!

carefree creations said...

Congratulations Lizzie! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sue in Grapevine said...

So happy for you, Lizzie! But what I want to know is where did you ever get some foam tape for your projects?
(Laughing about your giant wheel of it at Stamp-A-Faire!)
Enjoy your fame!

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are sooo pretty!! Congrats on being on the design team! Can't wait to see the sets you will show us this year!! Good luck & have fun!!
Hugs, Wendy

Ally said...

Congratulations on designing for Papertrey Ink! ;-) Love your adorable cards today, and I'm excited to see what you'll be creating with PTI this year. Cheers and Best Wishes! ;-)

Denise E said...

Congrats to you! I LOVED your original Rhythm & Soul set and look forward to all your new designs with PTI. So happy for you!

see mary stamp said...

Congratulations Lizzie. So looking forward to your designs this year.

Rose A said...

Lizzie!!!!! I'm so happy for you I could give you a big ol' hug!!!!!

This is what do many of us were hoping for after we saw your beautifully illustrated Rhythm and soul...

Excited to see what else this year brings!!

Francie said...

Congratulations, Lizzie! I bought and love Rhythm and Soul, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us. Your invitation to join the PTI team is well deserved!!

Rhonda said...

Congrats Lizzie!!! What a wonderful surprise.

Renee V said...

Congratulations!!! I am a new admirer of PTI, can't wait to see your stamps! Cute ribbon and love the cards you made!!

Helen L said...

congrats, and love your cards!! I just spent some time perusing your older posts, and I love your clean and graphic style, and I'll be visiting you often!! You are great inspiration!! I look forward to seeing what you create in the next year :-)

Kristii said...

Congratulations Lizzie!! I'm so happy for you!

Nadine said...

Congrats Lizzie! I was squealing with excitement when I read Nichole's post that you had joined the team. So happy for you and can't wait to see your sets!

Gabby said...

Congrats, Lexi! So excited to read you are on the design team ... I had a feeling. Looking forward to seeing what you will bring to us this year. Love the ribbon graphic! Great cards. :)

Randi said...

Not the least bit surprised:-) But... *wink*, *wink*

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How Absolutely Wonderful for You! You certainly deserve this opportunity. Wonderful cards and image for us to use for creating with. Good Luck to you in this new adventure.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Lizzie!!!!!!!!!!
I have been a fan of your work for some time and I could not be happier for you! How fun to see your ideas come to life! Excited for you!!!!!!!! Enjoy!