Saturday, November 30, 2019

Festive Friday (or, you know, Saturday) - Gift Bow Tags

Festive Friday Banner

Hello, friends! Thank you for your patience with this week's post. Sometimes the schedule just fills faster that we expect, know what I mean? Well, I hope today's project is worth the wait!

Last year these glittered bow tags were some of my favorites that I did the entire series. So I thought it would be fun to recreate something similar with new product from The Greetery. I totally love the Fit To Be Tied die and I just knew it would make lovely statement tags. 

Quick tip: Often I just go for whatever colors appeal to me in the moment, but for these I looked at my wrapping paper collection and chose colors that I thought would coordinate nicely with a couple of the papers I have on hand. It's fun to wing it, but sometimes these things are more useful with a few extra minutes of planning.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GiftBowTags


I cut the bows (two of the solid parts, one of the detail xyroned on both sides) and set them aside. Then, I die cut the long, scalloped die from the Speed Tagging set. You could use more than one shape to do these tags in order to get a quicker result, but I just cut smaller pieces of white cardstock and die cut only the area I needed for the tags I wanted.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GiftBowTags3

I splattered three of the tags with silver watercolor and stamped the sentiment when the paint was dry (it just took a few minutes since the speckles were so small). On the other three, I added the "to:" and "from:" in ink colors that would coordinate with the bows on the front of the tags. I adhered the tags together. Then, I tied each one with baker's twine and set them aside.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GiftBowTags2


Next, I attached the bow detail pieces to their respective solid counterparts and removed the Xyron backing to expose the adhesive underneath. I sprinkled each bow with a matching glitter and burnished it into the adhesive to make sure there was as little transfer as possible later on. I curved the bows a bit with my fingertips and attached them to the additional solid bows with foam tape. The second bow just gives a bit of depth. I adhered the fully assembled bows to the tags and voila!

I love this style and I'm sure I'll be doing it again in the future! Thank you so much for joining me this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies:
Gift Bow Tags

2 comments:

Jan E said...

Lizzie, the bows dies from The Greetery is over the top amazing! Your tags are the cutest ever. The bows are so classy and fun to make.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I remember during the release of these bows, how realistic yours looked ( with the mistletoe) because you added glitter to the detail portion. Your tags are beautiful! Beautiful! And your tip for coordinating with our wrapping paper seems so simple, but I haven’t done that. I will now. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your Festive Friday’s, I’m such a fan and it’s so inspiring! 😊🎀