Friday, November 15, 2019

Festive Friday - Glittered Pocket Tags

Festive Friday Banner

Hello, friends! It's Festive Friday and I am in a holiday mood! The temperatures this week have been absolutely arctic and it's making me itch to put up my trees. Oh, yes, there are multiple. But I've always promised to keep my Christmas decorations to a minimum until after Thanksgiving, so it will wait for now. Soon though. Soon...

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GlitteredPocketTags

This week I'm sharing a set of pocket tags that I made with Concord & 9th's Holiday Cheer Tags bundle. I'd been eying this bundle for a while and I'm so glad I finally decided to take the leap and buy it during a recent sale! I know this die in particular is going to get plenty of use in the coming month and beyond!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GlitteredPocketTags2

Each of these little guys is a tag inside a pocket. This way, I can tape the pocket to my gift and the tag can easily be removed to see who the lucky recipient is for the package.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GlitteredPocketTags4

For each one, I die cut the pocket and then die cut the negative or shape out of the front. Then, I used sticker paper to make the open areas tacky (for the tree, I gently lifted the branches before attaching the sticker paper to make things a little easier). Then, I sprinkled crystal glitter over the exposed adhesive to make the open spaces sparkle!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_GlitteredPocketTags3

To get the pattern on the ornament, I simply stamped on the sticky side of the label paper before attaching it to the pocket. The glitter kept any wet ink from smudging. I went ahead and adorned the tree and ornament with extra bits of metallic gold paper and then tied each tag with baker's twine. These were fun, easy, and they're going to look so fun and festive on my gifts!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed this week's Festive Friday! Have a wonderful, crafty weekend!

Supplies:
Glittered Pocket Tags

2 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Yes I enjoyed this week's Festive Friday, but dang nab it Lizzie, you just caused me to spend more money!! Haha!! I just love the idea of a pocket tag, and the stamp set is wonderful with all the coordinating sentiments! Your pocket tags are awesome and I can't wait to create some of my own when my bundle arrives! :0)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I’m a bit late checking in, working my fingers to the bone with Christmas card crafting. I’ve made a promise to myself that by Thanksgiving, all my Christmas cards HAVE to be done. I live in Tropical Florida but 2 of my children live in the NE. So- I hear about your weather often. I know if I lived in the artic (lol) I’d be ready for tree trimming too. You always have the best ideas when it comes to tags. I’m always so inspired. I love how you made your tree 3D & I’m sure they are even more gorgeous in person. I’m looking forward to making my tags after my cards are done, so I’m grateful for Festive Friday’s! Thank you Lizzie. And keep warm. ❄️😊