Friday, November 1, 2019

Festive Friday - Naughty Or Nice Tags

Festive Friday Banner

Welcome to November, Friends! It's the first Festive Friday of a brand new month and we're inching closer to the holiday season.

Today, I wanted to bring in the big guy himself to decorate a set of tags. I saw the Holiday Characters set from Ellen Hutson a couple of months back and I was immediately smitten. That Santa just has such a sweet face, I couldn't wait to bring him home!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_NaughtyOrNiceTags

I began by stamping, coloring, and cutting out the Santas. Then, I die cut the tags and very, very lightly stenciled on a haze of subtle polka dots around the outside edges (in reality they're a little easier to see, but I couldn't get a great photo for the life of me). I stamped the sentiment from the Retro Holiday Greetings set in Evergreen ink from the new Pinkfresh Studios line. This is the first I've had a chance to try them and I'm looking forward to experimenting even more very soon.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_NaughtyOrNiceTags3

Next, I die cut the same tag shape from aqua cardstock and stamped the "To:" and "From:" from the Speed Tagging Christmas Sentiments set from The Greetery. I adhered those to the reverse of the white tags for a nice contrast from one side to the next.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_NaughtyOrNiceTags2

I attached the Santas with foam tape and embellished their hats with glitter and pom-poms. The texture and sparkle are so nice with simple tags like these. I finished things off with bits of cherry baker's twine. These tags turned out so effortlessly festive and I'm super excited about that. Sometimes using just the right sentiment is all you need to pull a design together.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you have a crafty weekend planned. Enjoy and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Naughty Or Nice Tags

2 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These are so darn CUTE Lizzie and I love the idea of using a contrasting color on the back side of the tag! Quick and easy and oh so ADORABLE...LOVE them!! :0)

Em said...

I love the use of the Nordic Frames at an angle to nestle in the beautiful branches from Winter Sketches. All these Holiday images coordinate so perfectly with each other for endless creative possibilities.