Monday, December 10, 2018

Introducing Words To Live By: Happiness and Text & Texture: Bokeh

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Day 1 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! Today we're kicking off five days of fun-filled crafty goodness with Betsy's newest Words To Live By and Text & Texture sets.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_WTLBHappiness_T&TBokeh_HappinessIsKnowingYouCard

This month's Words To Live By is all about happiness and it is packed with greetings that I'm sure you're going to love and use all the time. Her Text & Texture: Bokeh will give your projects and incredible bokeh effect with just a couple of simple impressions. I've yammered on enough. Let's get on to a project!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_WTLBHappiness_T&TBokeh_HappinessIsKnowingYouCard3

I began by stamping the bokeh pattern onto a few different colors of cardstock. I set up the stamps in two stamp platforms so it was a snap to do several at once. Next, I used my new Nesting Basics: Circles and Nesting Frames: Circles to cut bits and pieces from each panel. I added them to a card front in a variety of ways, overlapping here and there.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_WTLBHappiness_T&TBokeh_HappinessIsKnowingYouCard2

Then, I xyroned a piece of True Black cardstock and die cut a few of the Words To Live By: Happiness greetings. I layered them and embellished the top one with Onyx glitter. I also heat embossed the companion sentiment onto vellum and die cut it with a banner die from my Wine Bottle Tag #2 die. I adhered the banner to the front of the tag, hiding the adhesive under the Words To Live By die cut. This card may be simple, but it's brimming with unique pattern and texture and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kelly, KimberlyLaurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, and Michelle to see even more of today's introductions. I'll see you again tomorrow with more of this month's release!

Supplies:
Happiness Is Knowing You Card

2 comments:

merryf said...

you are so right -- there's a ton going on here with this charming card! I love that shiny Happiness, sitting so nicely with those bokeh bubbles. Your card makes me think of champagne glasses ....

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! What a happy card! You can set this on your table and gaze at all different & inspirational designs you added into one card! And I LOVE your tip about setting your stamps up onto 2 platform, that's a crafting keeper! I'm sorry for my late comments, just busy w/ Christmas. Hope you're enjoying the season! (P.S. I loved how my Window Christmas cards turned out. I added glimmer paste with a snow stencil for the outside and the deer. Thx so much for a wonderful Holiday design!)