Friday, December 14, 2018

Festive Friday - Fun With Die Cut Alphas!

Festive Friday Banner

Hello, friends! It's Festive Friday and this week I have a set of cute, quickie tags that I made pairing the new XO Skinny Mini Tags and the Smooth Alphabet. These tags are such a great size! They're perfect for smaller boxes or bags, but they're still plenty big enough to fit all the vital information. Let's get to it!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_DieCutAlphaTags

I began by xyroning a few pieces of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy patterned paper. You may have noticed that I really like to cut this plaid pattern on a bias, but the pattern is actually printed straight. That means I have a whole lot of little triangles of patterned paper hanging around and these tags were a fantastic way to use up some of those scraps. I die cut the tags from the patterned paper and then used the Smooth Alphabet (I used mostly the lower case) to cut the words and monogram from the tags.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_DieCutAlphaTags2

Then, I die cut the tags again, this time from Vintage Jadeite cardstock. I heat embossed the "To:/From:" from Christmas Cuts Sentiments with white embossing powder before removing the adhesive backing from the patterned paper tags and sandwiching the two together. I finished the tags off with a bit of white crochet thread. I really love how clean and graphic these are while still being fun and colorful!

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Festive Friday! Only one Friday left before the big day!

Supplies:
Die Cut Alpha Tags

1 comment:

Marcia Hill said...

These tags are SOOO cute Lizzie and I can't wait to add those tags to my order tonight! I'm also going to be very sad when next Friday is over and your Festive Friday feature is done...I have truly enjoyed it!! :0)