Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Introducing Home To Roost, Shape Shifters: Circle 4, and Mix Ups Pocket Tags

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink November countdown. Today the team is showcasing my new Home To Roost stamp set along with Betsy's Shape Shifters: Circle 4 and Dawn's Mix Ups Pocket Tags dies. There's so much goodness to discover, so let's get right to it!

My first card today pairs Betsy's newest Shape Shifters with my Home To Roost set.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_HomeToRoost_ShapeShiftersCircle4_HospitalityThankYouCard

I began by sponging Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado inks onto a piece of white cardstock. I splattered with reinker and Copic opaque white pigment for texture and then die cut it with the Bold Borders: Foliage Die. Next, I cut a Shape Shifters: Circle 4 shape from vellum and sponged around the perimeter with Aqua Mist ink onto a white card front. I used the stitched border to cut a decorative circle into that panel before adhering it to an Aqua Mist card base.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_HomeToRoost_ShapeShiftersCircle4_HospitalityThankYouCard2

I adhered the Bold Borders: Foliage frame to the card front. Then, I die cut a central panel using my Nesting Basics: Rectangles die and added the pierced detail with a Nesting Frames: Rectangle. I embossed the sentiment before adhering that panel in the center of the Bold Borders shape.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_HomeToRoost_ShapeShiftersCircle4_HospitalityThankYouCard3

Next, I stamped and die cut the birdhouse from Home To Roost. I used Melon Berry and Americana inks on the front of the house and Fine Linen and Classic Kraft on the roof and base. Then, I stamped the smaller companion sentiment onto a Skinny Mini Banner and adhered it to the card with foam tape. I also adhered the birdhouse to the front of the card with foam tape, layering it with a bit of crochet thread. I added two Harvest Gold birds to finish it off. This set includes greetings for new home, baby, and more!

My next project for today is a set of three tags made with Dawn's new Mix Ups Pocket Tags. I love tags that give you options to get several styles from one collection of dies. This set is definitely a keeper!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_ForestFloorWinter_MixUpsPocketTags_ChristmasTagTrio

I wanted to create a few variations, so I made one pocket tag, one basic tag, and one tag with a patterned topper.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_ForestFloorWinter_MixUpsPocketTags_AGiftForYouTag

For my pocket tag, I cut one tag from Classic Kraft and one from Rustic White. I used a Nesting Frames: Rectangles shape to add the pierced detail to the Kraft tag. Then, I used one of the decorative border dies to cut the top off the Rustic White tag. I stamped a greeting from Christmas Cuts Sentiments along the edge of the pocket and adhered it into place. Then, I embellished the pocket with foliage from Forest Floor: Winter. A little Ripe Avocado saddle stitched ribbon and Rustic Cream Button Twine finished things off nicely.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_ForestFloorWinter_MixUpsPocketTags_MerryChristmasTag

For the patterned paper topped tag, I cut a Rustic White tag and a Bitty Big: Pure Poppy tag. I stamped sentiments from Christmas Cuts Sentiments onto the Rustic White tag before using the same border die to cut the topper. I adhered the patterned topper to the tag and added a Forest Floor: Winter branch with foam tape. This time I used Spring Moss saddle stitched ribbon and the same Rustic Cream Button Twine to finish it off.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_ForestFloorWinter_MixUpsPocketTags_Peace&JoyTag

My final tag for today is the basic cut tag. I cut this one from Rustic White and used the Nesting Frames: Rectangle to add the pierced border. I stamped the "To:" and "From:" from Keep It Simple: To & From onto the tag and then added a Forest Floor: Winter frame stamped with a Christmas Cuts Sentiments greeting. A piece of Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon tied with Rustic Jute Button Twine was the perfect finishing touch.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_November2018_ForestFloorWinter_MixUpsPocketTags_ChristmasTagTrio2

I love that these tags coordinate, but aren't super matchy-matchy. And this is just one of the tags in the set! There are two other tags and two other border dies! That's, like, dozens of possibilities!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of additional projects, but in the meantime make sure to pop in on BetsyDawnHeatherLaurieMelissa BMelissa PMichelle, and Stephanie. I'll see you in the morning!

Supplies:
Hospitality Thank You Card


Christmas Tag Trio

3 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Love the Home to Roost set, Lizzie! I look forward to trying lots of different ways of adding these designs to my cards at Christmas and every other season. Well done!

Stephanie Clapper said...

You've been a busy, busy lady with all of your WONDERFUL designs. I'm smitten with your Forest Floor and your tags just show another beautiful way to use them. Boy are they pretty! And Home to Roost is another fav, what a great design! I LOVE your work :) !!

jan metcalf said...

Love your tag trio!!