Friday, November 9, 2018

Festive Friday - Shaped Tree Tags!

Festive Friday Banner

Hello, friends, and welcome back to this week's Festive Friday! We're only six and a half weeks to Christmas. Can you believe it? I've been super busy in the studio this week, but I still made a little time to create a set of shaped tags to share with you today.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_VeryMerry_ShapedTreeTags

I love a good shaped tag and the tree from Very Merry is a wonderful size for making adorable Christmas tree tags. I made three variations using a classic Christmas color palette, a subdued palette, and a bright and funky palette.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_VeryMerry_ShapedTreeTags2

For my subdued trees I used Pinefeather, Ocean Tides, and Mint Julep inks to create the trees and Classic Kraft to add the trunks. I embellished with gold embossed tinsel and self adhesive pearls. The star at the top is a Small Sketched Stars shape cut from Luxe Gold Adhesive paper that I layered on white cardstock.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_VeryMerry_ShapedTreeTags3

The classic Christmas trees are done up in Green Parakeet, New Leaf, and Pure Poppy inks with another Classic Kraft trunk. This time I heat embossed the tinsel in silver and used three sizes of rhinestones for the ornaments. The star is the Luxe Silver Adhesive paper.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_VeryMerry_ShapedTreeTags4

The bright and funky palette is Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, and Aqua Mist with a Tropical Teal trunk. I stamped the garland in Tropical Teal before restamping in Versamark and heat embossing with glitter powder. I used the same rhinestones and silver star as on the classic Christmas trees.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_VeryMerry_ShapedTreeTags5

Each tag has a folded base that I stamped with the "To:/From:" from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments. I like that this simple font seems to fit well with each style of tree.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Come on back tomorrow to see the kick off of the November Papertrey Ink countdown! See you then!

Supplies:
Very Merry Tree Tags

1 comment:

Marcia Hill said...

These tree shaped tags are SO sweet Lizzie and I'm really loving all your color combos and the addition of the gold embossing and pearls...these are going to look so sweet on your Christmas packages this year!! :0)