Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wall Frames Part 2

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's installment of my wall frames explanation. Today I am going to show you the next three frames in the series. Again, if you're just joining us you can get all caught up with the original studio tour post here and part one of the wall frames here.

The first frame for today is the viney quote frame.


I started by stamping the solid and outline vines from Rustic Branches along with the solid berries onto a piece of Spring Moss. I continued by adding glitter and glaze to all of the berries to give a little visual interest. The quote stamp is a $1 stamp from Michael's that I bought ages ago. I die cut a circle, stamped the quote, and sponged the edges before adhering it to a scalloped circle. That whole piece was then mounted to the base with foam adhesive. This frame may be one of my favorites.

Next we have the new beginnings frame.


I stamped a medium-sized polka dot onto my Kraft base with watermark ink and set that aside. Then I die cut a bracket from white cardstock and stamped my bird nest and sentiment before inking the edges of the bracket. Often I will do the cutting first if I'm using a die cut for my main image. I don't want to have to worry that the die is going to shift during the cutting process and ruin my stamped image. I do the opposite though when I'm using a punch. After mounting the image panel I wrapped the base with dark chocolate twill and stitched on a button. Finally, I added glaze to the eggs and called it done.

Today's final frame is the delicate branch frame.


I started by stamping my branch and leaves onto my Spring Moss base. I wanted to add little white fuzzy buds, so I stamped polka dots and applied white Fun Flock with liquid glue (I find liquid glue works best with flocking). Then, I wrapped by base with dark chocolate twill. I knew I wanted to add my sentiment using a bracket shape, but I didn't have one on hand, so I designed my own and cut it from thin chipboard. I covered my chipboard with white cardstock and stamped my sentiment before sponging the edges and adhering the whole piece to the base with brads.

I hope you're enjoying seeing a more in-depth look at the vignette in my studio. I'll be back tomorrow with the final three frames. Have a great night!

Recipe (viney quote frame):
Cardstock: Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore, coral - Bazzill
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Rustic Branches - Papertrey Ink; $1 Quote Stamp - Michael's
Tools: Nesting Circles, Nesting Flowers - Quickutz
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Glitter Pen - Sakura; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Sponge

Recipe (new beginnings frame):
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Ink: Seascape, Burnt Umber - Palette; Versamark - Tsukineko
Stamps: Birds Of A Feather, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Tools: Labels 1 Nestibilities - Spellbinders
Fibers: Dark Chocolate Twill - Papertrey Ink; White Embroidery Floss - DMC
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Button; Sponge

Recipe (delicate branch frame):
Cardstock: Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Frost White - Colorbox
Stamps: Out On A Limb, Out On A Limb Additions; Remember; Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Fibers: Dark Chocolate Twill - Papertrey Ink
Other: White Fun Flock - Stampendous; Leaf Mini Brads - American Crafts; Zig 2 Way Glue Pen - Kuretake; Chipboard; Sponge

3 comments:

Maria Eufemia said...

Awesome frames, Lizzie. Thanks for sharing them. I love how each one is so thoughtful and different, but they all come together to look so wonderful as a cohesive group on your wall. :)

Aimes said...

Wow! I'm in awe of your frames - they're fab! Such perfect little pieces of art! I can't pick a favourtie they're all so amazing!
Aimes
x

Wendy Pantster said...

As always, your art is thoughtful and perfect. These would make great birthday gifts, you know. Especially one that has poppies in it ;)