Monday, October 15, 2018

Papertrey Ink October Release Day!

Good morning, friends! It's officially release day for Papertrey Ink! The new products that we've been sharing over the past several days are landing in the webstore tonight at 10pm ET and you don't want to miss them. In celebration of the release going live, I have a couple of additional stitched bags to share.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_StitchedBags

I promised to pop back in with a couple of simpler designs, so that's what I have for you today. I wanted to see about how long it takes to complete a bag without all of the fancy stuff stitched on the front. My best estimate is 1-2 hours depending on which bag you're doing. A few things to consider: 1) I'm a fairly slow stitcher so you might be faster. 2) I was in a car and I'm sure that impacted my speed. 3) This is a really wonderful activity for movie/TV/sports watching or travel.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_ClassicChristmasPolkaDotBag

I wanted to do a patterned bag, so I picked up some polka dotted felt from The Felt Pod. They sell it in a few different formats (rolls and sheets) so you have a handful of purchasing options (I'm not sponsored, I just love their felt). I used the red polka dotted felt paired with a Pinefeather handle for a classic Christmas look, but they also have a few metallics and other patterns to choose from (I may have picked up rose gold leopard print too, just sayin'). I did a simple running stitch on this bag, but a contrasting blanket stitch would be really cute too! This one took around 2 hours.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_CoalBag

The second bag I have today is one of the oval bottom bags that I flipped inside out. I've had this "COAL" bag in mind for ages. I'm imagining filling it with black jelly beans or licorice lumps and a gift card. Probably for my brother or Sean's grandpa. I can't wait. I used True Black felt and the Sew Stylish Alphabet 2 for the letters. This one took a little over an hour, so I'm guessing the pocket style bag will take about an hour.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are all able to pick up everything on your wish list tonight. Have a wonderful week and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Classic Christmas Polka Dot Bag


COAL Bag

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I'm so glad I stopped by on release night after ordering, what neat bags! You're going to make someone smile big with the coal bag for sure! Anyhow, I wanted to thank you for a really great release. I'm excited to work with your new corner adorner and Window works. Oh, and the new Bold Flurries Border! Such pretty designs. Lots of hard work I know. Thx again Lizzie, you're one TALENTED artist and so helpful too! :)

Mary said...

I hope my new stitching dies catch a fast truck west to me! I've prepped lots of ornaments which are waiting for the 2018 die so I can finish them up. I'm looking forward to the new bags too. Thanks for the tip about The Felt Pod - I ordered some of the polka dot felt. They also carry the gold and silver felt (perfect for ornament caps) which I've been hoarding since my LSS closed. Like you, I stitch while watching TV, and creating something wonderful can cushion the blow of another loss by the Cleveland Browns! I'm a native Californian living in San Diego, but the Browns' games came with my marriage to an Ohio guy. Thanks for keeping stitching alive at Papertrey!