Friday, October 12, 2018

Introducing Warmer Together, Words To Live By: Peace, Glorious Globes: October, and Bold Borders: Flurries

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink October countdown! I'm popping in today to share a couple of projects using Betsy's Warmer Together and Words To Live By: Peace stamp sets along with my newest Glorious Globes mini set and Bold Borders: Flurries die. There's a lot of great stuff to see, so let's get to it!

I began today by pairing Betsy's Warmer Together set with my Bold Borders: Flurries. The snowy frame is perfect with these sweet penguins!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WarmerTogether_BoldBorders_WarmerTogetherCard

I began by die cutting my Bold Borders from vellum to create a mask. Then, I stenciled and splattered ink over the stencil. I trimmed along the outer edge and used a Pierced Feature Frame (the smallest one) to trim out the center.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WarmerTogether_BoldBorders_WarmerTogetherCard2

Next, I stamped the penguins using Weathervane ink and a gray pigment that I happened to already have in my collection (it's actually a cheapo pigment pad from Michaels). I die cut the penguins and then added the feet and beaks with Summer Sunrise ink. Then, I stamped the base layer using VersaMark and heat embossed with glitter powder.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WarmerTogether_BoldBorders_WarmerTogetherCard3

Then, I die cut the In The Meadow snow drift dies from white cardstock and textured them with the Woodgrain Impression Plate. I sponged the top edge of each drift with Aqua Mist ink and then embellished with buffalo snow and chunky glitter. I stamped the sentiment from Warmer Together on a white card base and attached the snowy frame with foam adhesive. I layered on the snow drifts and added the sparkly penguins with more dimensional adhesives.

Next up, I've combined the "Joy" die from Bold Borders: Flurries, Glorious Globes: October, and Betsy's new Words To Live By: Peace.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_GloriousGlobes_WordsToLiveByPeace_JoyInYourHeartCard

I began by die cutting the Shape Shifters: Square 3 panel from Soft Stone and white cardstock. I textured the Soft Stone panel with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and trimmed the center square from the white panel. I sponged and splattered the white square with Spring Rain ink before stamping the sentiments from Words To Live By: Peace before adhering it to the Soft Stone panel.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_GloriousGlobes_WordsToLiveByPeace_JoyInYourHeartCard3

Then, I stamped the mega polka dot pattern onto Olive Twist cardstock using the solid circle image from Glorious Globes. I tied a red baker's twine bow around the card and mounted the Shape Shifters panel into place with foam adhesive.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_GloriousGlobes_WordsToLiveByPeace_JoyInYourHeartCard2

Next, I die cut the "Joy" to complete the sentiment. Then, I die cut and stamped the holly wreath and peace dove from Glorious Globes: October. I adhered the wreath over the "O" in "Joy" and perched the bird atop the greeting. I'm really pleased with this card. The colors are a little more muted, but I think they combine beautifully.

That's all for me today, friends! Check back a little later today for my Festive Friday post. In the meantime, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie have projects to share with you today. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you shortly!

Supplies:
Warmer Together Card


Joy In Your Heart Card

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning Lizzie! Goodness, where to begin? Well first, I LOVE your cards! Who would have thought to use vellum as a mask? Gotta give that a try. Your background is beautiful. Btw, I love,love the font of your Joy word, especially the "J"! And then using the globe stamp as a large dot! You're so talented and clever. :) I haven't heard of Buffalo snow, but I suppose chunky glitter works well too, for the snow? I can't wait to work with the latest products you've designed, thx Lizzie for helping to make our winter crafting so much fun! :)