Friday, October 12, 2018

Festive Friday - All Dressed Up For Christmas!


Festive Friday Banner

Hello, friends! Welcome back for Festive Friday! I thought I'd pop in with a couple of gift card holders today. I've had this idea in mind since I designed the Shape Up: Tuxedo Die several months ago.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_ChristmasSuitGiftCardHolders

If you watched the April Papertrey Ink Live broadcast, you may remember me talking about how my grandpa always wore a bright red velvet blazer on Christmas. Every year. It was a tradition. These gift card holders remind me of him.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_ChristmasSuitGiftCardHolders3

I cut the tuxedo pieces from Pure Poppy and Pinefeather cardstocks. The shirts were Fresh Snow Linen and Aqua Mist. The vests are actually also Fresh Snow Linen, but I covered the front of each vest with a piece of Betsy's Christmas Plaid paper (I think it's retired, but you could get a similar look by stamping or using different paper). The bow ties are Fresh Snow Linen and Bitty Big: Pure Poppy.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_ChristmasSuitGiftCardHolders2

I assembled everything, and while they looked quite festive, I thought they could do with a little extra. It is Christmas, after all! So I created a little boutonniere for the lapels using Betsy's new Fawn & Flora stamp set (Grandpa always wore a boutonniere on his lapel at Christmas). I've been trying to create my tags with product that's already available, but I couldn't help myself - these little floral clusters were just too perfect! It will be available soon though, so you don't have long to wait. And I'm sure you could get a very similar look with products already in your collection.

These turned out just as I had imagined them and I can't wait to give them away at the holidays. Thank you so much for joining me for this week's Festive Friday. I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Christmas Blazer Gift Card Holders

2 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Lizzie, thank you for re introducing this set. Somehow I missed most of April. But what you have created with this is adorable. Get gift set the the guys! Love your little quip about your grandpa, special memories. Love the papers you used.

Marcia Hill said...

These are just too CUTE Lizzie and what an awesome tribute to your Grandpa!! :0)