Sunday, June 24, 2018

Introducing Glorious Globes: June & More Summer Perks!

Good morning, friends! I'm popping in today with the rest of the Papertrey Ink team to introduce my new Glorious Globes: June mini set. The June edition includes a stack of luggage and a couple of handy travel sentiments that you can use with the rest of the sets in this series. The luggage can act similarly to the travel journals in the original Glorious Globes: Basics set to add interest to your globe arrangement or you can use them independently for all sorts of travel theme projects!

I put together a short video to give you a closer look at the Glorious Globes series that I hope you enjoy (please excuse all of the "um"s and "you know"s). I talk briefly about the thought process behind the series and how it came to be.


I also have a project to share with you today! I paired the Glorious Globes: June with the Basics set and Dawn's new Cover Up: Grid and Betsy's Text & Texture: Ocean to create a fun bon voyage card.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_June2018_GloriousGlobes_BonVoyageCard

I began by lightly sponging a white card base with Aqua Mist ink. I splattered on a few speckles for interest and then stamped the ocean in Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks. I sponged white cardstock with Fine Linen ink and stamped that with the Cover Up: Grid before die cutting with the Noted: Simply Stitched panel and an oval to create a window. I adhered that to the card front and set it aside.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_June2018_GloriousGlobes_BonVoyageCard2

Next, stamped and die cut the globes from the Glorious Globes: Basics and luggage from the Glorious Globes: June set. I used browns on the luggage to give them a warm, vintage vibe. The luggage is split up into three stamps. One does the top suitcase and details on the bottom suitcase while the other does the bottom suitcase and handle on the top. The third does the latches on both suitcases. I stamped my latches once in Classic Kraft and then went back with Versamark and pearl pigment powder to give them a lustrous, metallic finish.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_June2018_GloriousGlobes_BonVoyageCard3

I adhered the suitcases to the card front and laid the globes in place before stamping my sentiment (also from Glorious Globes: June). Then, I used dimensional adhesive to adhere the globes in place and give my arrangement some depth. I love how the sentiment hugs the curve of the globe!


If you've been curious about this series but have yet to give them a try, we have a bonus for you! Papertrey is offering 10% off of select Glorious Globes products for the next few days.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Betsy, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie to see what they have to share with you today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! This was a busy week in our home, so I haven't had a chance to check out ANYTHING @PTI. (Unusual, but summertime!). So plz forgive my late comment. To be honest, I was getting too focused on florals, until I REALLY wanted something else to work with. And I liked your Globe introduction becuz- you're right. They are new, unique and versatile. I bought the Globe basics. This month, I'm loving the luggage. I think your add-ons will really help to launch your ideas even more. A personal thx for all your hard work & research, that makes our hobby so wonderful! And don't worry about the ums- Um, I say it all the time. :)