Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Introducing Fence Line: Spring And Paws & Kisses

Good morning and welcome back for Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink April new release countdown! I'm back today to share a project with Betsy's new Fence Line: Spring set and Heather's Paws & Kisses collection. Let's get to the projects!

Betsy's Fence Line: Spring set has me yearning for warmer temperatures. The weather here still thinks we're in the dead of winter, so the pretty little blooms in this set are keeping me going until my own flowers start popping open. You're going to love how easy Betsy made it to put together cheerful scenes!

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_FenceLine_SendingSunshineCard

I began this card by die cutting a focal panel using the Cover Plate: Blue Skies Die. Then, I used one of the dies in the Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical die. I stamped the resulting panel with the fence and mailbox post. Then, I added a bit of grass in Green Parakeet ink.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_FenceLine_SendingSunshineCard2

Next, I stamped and die cut several of the elements in the set. I used the tulips, mailbox, garden boots, and bunny. I also stamped and die cut the sun from Hello, Sunshine to tuck behind the clouds on the focal panel. Then, I heat embossed the sentiment from Corner Adorner: February onto a Pure Poppy banner. Once I had had all of by bits and baubles die cut, I decided to work on my card base.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_FenceLine_SendingSunshineCard3

First, I sponged a bit of Hawaiian Shores ink toward the bottom of an Aqua Mist card base. Then, I used the new Perfect Plaid stencil collection (more on this soon) to add a plaid pattern to the card base using the scalloped stripes stencil. I went back with the stitched stencil and added white dashes with a gel pen. With my pattern complete, I layered all of the layers and elements using a mix of flat and foam adhesives. I love how bright and cheerful it turned out, don't you?

Next up, I have a sweet puppy love card using Heather's Paws & Kisses and A Bit More: Paws & Kisses stamp sets. These sets are perfect for the animal lovers in your life! Heather has a knack for drawing adorably quirky critters and these dogs are no exception.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_PawsKisses_DigYouCard

I began this card by sponging Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base to create a bit of atmosphere. I speckled Aqua Mist reinker and clean water to add a little texture to the background. Next, I stamped one of the Corner Adorner: April images to create a "hole" of sorts. The distressed nature of this month's Corner Adorner makes it a perfect fit! I stamped the sentiment from A Bit More: Paws & Kisses along with hearts from both sets.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_PawsKisses_DigYouCard2

Next, I used the Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical Die to create a frame from Bitty Big: Honey Nut patterned paper. I attached it to the card front with dimensional adhesive to add some depth. Next, I stamped and die cut the dachshund from Paws & Kisses, rocking a bit of Dark Chocolate ink onto his front paws to make it look like he'd been digging.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_PawsKisses_DigYouCard3

Then, I die cut three little bones from Rustic Cream cardstock and shaded them with a colored pencil. I used foam adhesive to attach the dog to the scene and then adhered the bones with a mix of flat and foam adhesives. Isn't that little dog just the cutest?! I have a thing for long, squatty dogs, so this fella is right up my alley!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with even more of this month's release. In the meantime, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, KeewayLaurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie for more inspiration today! See you soon!

Supplies:
Sending You Sunshine Card


I Really Dig You Card

4 comments:

Jennifer T. said...

Your card is adorable!! I love that you made him look like he's been digging.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I always look forward to how you create your backgrounds. The Sky cover plate is perfect for your sunshine and Spring card. Plus I fell in love with your digging puppy, what a cute idea. (What dog doesn't love 3 bones!? ) Thx for a great post. :)

Karen Rose said...

Cute cute details Lizzie! I love it all, especially the 'digging' puppy!!

merryf said...

These are so darn cute! That fence card is screaming warm weather to me (though we sure don't have any here in NJ...) This is a great release -- I'm putting everything today on my wishlist!