Monday, November 14, 2016

Invitation Inspiration

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink November countdown. Today we're talking parties and who doesn't love a great party? The new products we're showcasing will help you create stylish invitations and favors perfect for all ages.

Birthday Candle Party Ensemble

I've created a charming birthday party ensemble just right for a little fella. I had my five-year-old nephew Charlie in mind the whole time I was putting this set together.

Birthday Candle Party Invitation


To create the invitation I sponged a big of Aqua Mist ink on a white cardstock panel. Then stamped a rainbow of candles from Invitation Basics along the bottom edge of the invitation, sponging a darker color on the bottom of each to create depth. Next, I stamped the By Invitation text block in True Black and added the sentiment in Tropical Teal.

I created the coordinating envelope by adding custom labels stamped with images from Invitation Basics.

Envelope Mailing Label

For the front mailing label, I die cut the rectangle using the Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection from self-adhesive paper. I stamped the small Invitation Basics candles along the bottom edge using Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, and Harvest Gold inks. I stamped the dotted lines from Journal Accessories in Aqua Mist ink and added the "To:" from For You in Tropical Teal.

Envelope Party Time Label

I wanted to dress up the back of the envelope a bit, too, so I added a Big Basics: Party Time label. I sponged Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks on the self-adhesive sheet before die cutting and then stamped the polka dots before sticking it to the envelope.

No party is complete without favors, so I set about making a coordinating treat box to round out my ensemble.

Birthday Candle Party Favor


I started by sponging Aqua Mist cardstock onto two Favor It Box #3 shapes. I stamped it with the same rainbow of Invitation Basics candles and a sentiment from For You. I assembled the box and stuffed it with bright red crinkle shred. I used New Leaf Saddle Stitch ribbon embellished with a Harvest Gold button and white crochet thread to tie the box closed.

So what do you think? The bright primary colors are great for a young boy, yes? Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to visit Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Heather, Kay, Laurie, Melissa, Erin, Lexi, and Maile to see more inspiration today. Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Birthday Candle Party Invitation
Stamps: Invitation Basics, By Invitation - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold, True Black - Papertrey Ink

Birthday Candle Party Invitation Envelope
Stamps: Invitation Basics, Journal Accessories, Bolka Dot Basics II, For You - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Self-Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink; True Red Envelope - Paper Source
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink
Other: Big Basics: Party Time Die, Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection - Papertrey Ink

Birthday Candle Party Favor Box
Stamps: Invitation Basics, For You - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink
Other: New Leaf Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Harvest Gold Button, Favor It Box #3 - Papertrey Ink; White Crochet Thread; Red Crinkle Shred

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Absolutely adorable, love it all especially the treat box!

Leslie S. said...

Cute cute cute! Perfect for a boy! Love the whole ensemble!!

Marybeth said...

Adorable! My gosh I love this party set you created!

Sandy M said...

Very cute set. Love the party favor box.

lexi said...

super cute birthday ensemble - i love your bright candles!