Sunday, November 13, 2016

Birthday Wrap Inspiration

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink November countdown. Today we're celebrating all things birthday. Birthdays are a big occasion for us stampers - after all, everyone we know celebrates one each year! Today's stamp and die collections are designed to make birthday cards and gift giving even easier and more festive. I have a few projects to share with you, so let's get to it!

My first card today uses Nichole's Wrap It Up die collection to incorporate a gift card pocket on the front of my birthday card.

Wish Big Gift Box Card


I began by die cutting the pieces of the box from Berry Sorbet cardstock and sponging them with Pure Poppy ink around the edges. I stamped those pieces with polka dots and set them aside.

Wish Big Gift Bow Close Up


Next, I heat embossed the Fill In The Blank text onto Limeade Ice cardstock and die cut it with the Wrap It Up bow pieces. I adhered the bow parts to the box pieces using a mix of flat and foam adhesives.

Wish Big Gift Box Card - Lifted Lid


Then I sponged a white card front with Aqua Mist ink and stamped a Keep It Simple: Birthday III sentiment also in Aqua Mist ink. I adhered the bottom of the gift box onto the card front, using coaster strips to give it just a bit of depth. I used glittered Big Basics: Wish Big die cuts to embellish the front of the box.

Gift Card Pull


Then, I cut a strip of clear cardstock and scored it about an inch from the end. I adhered it to the back of the gift box lid with foam tape, adding foam tape along the width of the box to even things up. I used a spare lid die cut to cover the foam tape and finish off the back. Then I tucked a gift card into the strip of clear cardstock using the folded end to hold the card in place. That way as the recipient lifts the lid of the box, the gift card pops up too! Fun!

Next up, I have a birthday ensemble using my new For You collection. The card and tag were made similarly, just swapping out the sentiments on each.

Birthday Shaker Ensemble


For each shaker element I cut a front Window Cut Tag from white cardstock, a Basic Cut Tag from clear cardstock, another Basic Cut Tag from white cardstock, and a streamers tag from white cardstock. I sponged the Window Cut Tag shape with Spring Rain ink and then stamped it with the Fill In The Blank text also in Spring Rain ink. I stamped the sentiment from For You in Deep Indigo ink and set it aside.

Party Shaker Card

Next, I used colored pencils to color the individual streamers. The colored pencils really make the embossed texture on the streamers stand out. Once that was complete, I adhered the Window Cut Tag frame over the top of the streamers tag and the Basic Cut Tag below. I backed those pieces with foam tape and set it aside. I sponged the remaining Basic Cut Tag with Harvest Gold ink and sprinkled coarse Crystal glitter and sequins in the shaker before sealing everything up. I embellished the shakers with balloons I stamped and cut using the Paper Clippings: Birthday set and balloon strings using the Balloon Strings Die.

A Little Something Shaker Tag


I used Simply Chartreuse twill ribbon and an Enchanted Evening button tied on with white crochet thread to finish things off. I created the card by adhering the shaker to a white card base layered with Harvest Gold patterned paper. I attached the tag to a gift bag I'd created with the Front & Center #2 Die.

Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, DanielleHeather, Kay, Laurie, Melissa, Erin, Lexi, and Maile to see even more from this release. Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Wish Big Card
Stamps: Keep It Simple: Birthday III, Fill In The Blank, Polka Dot Basics III - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Wrap It Up Die, Big Basic: Wish Big Die, Coaster - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Party Shaker Card
Stamps: For You, Paper Clippings: Birthday, Fill In The Blank - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Harvest Gold Patterned Paper, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Dark Indigo - Papertrey Ink
Other: For You Tag Dies, Window Cut Tag Die, Basic Cut Tag Die, Paper Clippings: Birthday Details Die, Balloon Strings Die, Simply Chartreuse Twill Ribbon, Enchanted Evening Button - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Coarse Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart; Marshmallow Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh

A Little Something Shaker Tag & Gift Bag
Stamps: For You, Paper Clippings: Birthday, Fill In The Blank - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Harvest Gold Patterned Paper, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Dark Indigo - Papertrey Ink
Other: For You Tag Dies, Window Cut Tag Die, Basic Cut Tag Die, Paper Clippings: Birthday Details Die, Balloon Strings Die, Simply Chartreuse Twill Ribbon, Enchanted Evening Button, Front & Center #2 Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Coarse Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart; Marshmallow Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh; White Lunch Sack

4 comments:

Connie G said...

Both of these projects are pure genius!! LOVE them!! So. Darn. Clever.

jan metcalf said...

Love your birthday card gift box/card holder!

Diana K said...

Ditto! How do you come up with these ideas?!! And your new gift tag set is so sweet and so versatile.

Sandy M said...

Love the cute gift card holder. And the cute shaker cards are top notch.