Monday, December 22, 2014

Last-minute Gift Card Packaging

Hello, friends! I just wanted to pop in today to share some gift card packaging I put together for an early family Christmas gathering we attended this past weekend. I'm not the biggest fan of giving gift cards (I like to give gifts that people really get to open), but I know that sometimes they truly are the most appreciated presents (I know I appreciate them). In an effort to dress them up a little I try and put together special packaging with the recipients in mind. So the other evening I whipped up these gable boxes for my fella's cousins.


For Megan's box, I started with Aqua Mist cardstock that I stamped with tiny snowflakes and die cut using the gable box die. Then, I die cut the Christmas tree from one of the pieces, creating a window. I adhered clear cardstock to the back of that panel to close up the opening and assembled my box as normal. I stamped a sentiment flag and embellished the tree with a handful of tiny, red rhinestones and one larger, silver pearl. I tied on the small die cut tag, stamped with an image from To You From Me, using a bit of Baker's Twine. The window allows the green crinkle shred to show through and give a little color to the tree. Cute and easy!


Kirt's box is just as cute, but with a slightly more masculine feel. I began by stamping stripes onto Pure Poppy cardstock with the matching ink. I die cut the box and assembled as normal. Then, I stamped the tag image from the Tinsel & Tags kit using Ocean Tides and Pure Poppy inks. I used a fine point black pen to change the color of the snowman's features and then added black glitter with a very fine glue pen. I wrapped Pinefeather ribbon around the box and mounted the tag over the ends with foam tape. I used another small die-cut tag, this time stamped with Pinefeather ink and tied on with crochet thread.

It really is easy to make those simple gifts feel a little more special with just a few extra minutes of time. I hope this helps inspire those of you with a few more gifties to finish before the big day. If I don't see you again before the holiday, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday filled with joy and love!

Recipes:
Christmas Tree Gable Box
Stamps: Snowflake Flurries, To You From Me, Winter Snow Globe - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Gable Box Die, Coffee Cozy Details Die Collection, Sketched Shapes Die Collection, Tremendous Tags Die - Papertrey Ink; Green Apple Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Self-adhesive rhinestones and pearl - Mark Richards

Snowman Gable Box
Stamps: Background Basics Super Stripes, Tinsel & Tags (Limited Edition), To You From Me - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink
Other: Gable Box Die, Tremendous Tags Die, Pinefeather Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Circle Die - Quickutz; Fine Onyx Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glue Pen; White Crochet Thread

1 comment:

Marilyn M said...

Fabulous packages, Lizzie!