Thursday, December 11, 2014

December Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 2

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! Today I'm sharing a few more projects featuring Drips & Dribbles as well as introducing the Text Block: Love Die. There's plenty to see, so let's get to it!

I wanted to start today with a holiday wine ensemble that I created to showcase Drips & Dribbles. I used the rings and a few of the splatters to add dimension and visual texture.


I began with the bottle tag. I die cut the tag from Autumn Rose cardstock and stamped it with the rings and splatters using Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks. Using the two inks gives the texture a bit more depth.


I embellished the tag with a die cut wine bottle, vellum glass, and word "Cheer" (I trimmed off the "s") from Uncorked. The sentiment, from Holiday Lights, was partially masked and stamped in Scarlet Jewel ink. I added some seasonal flair by adorning the wine glass with a sprig of holly.


The card followed many of the same steps. I die cut the bottle tag shape from Rustic White to use as my focal point and switched up my sentiment (the stamped portion comes from 2008 Holiday Tags). The focal point was adhered to the card front with flat adhesive and everything was mounted to a Rustic White card base.

My next project shows off the splatters in all their glory.


I began by heat embossing my sentiment onto a trimmed down Basic Bookmark 2 Die shape that I'd cut from Canyon Clay cardstock. Then, I randomly stamped my splatters onto a strip of white cardstock using Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, and Canyon Clay inks. I adhered that strip to a Kraft card base that I'd impressed with the Rustic Burlap impression plate. I mounted the sentiment flag with foam tape as a final step. A nice quick "I'm sorry" card is a nice thing to have in your back pocket should the need arise, no?

My final project for today features the new Text Block: Love Die.


The steps to this card are really simple, but they sound complicated so stick with me! I began by Xyroning four pieces of cardstock (White, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, and Berry Sorbet). I die cut the colored cardstocks with the (still covered) sticky side face up. Then, I die cut an adhesive-free piece of white cardstock. Next, I removed the adhesive backing from the white piece that I hadn't die cut and laid it down on my work bench sticky side up. I placed the white die cut shape on the sticky surface and tacked it down lightly (you don't want to burnish until the end, just in case you need to make micro adjustments to the paper words). Then, I began filling in the negative spaces with the die cut colored pieces. Once everything was in place I flipped it over and rubbed the whole surface with a bone folder. That allows everything to get good and stuck. Next, I removed the adhesive backing section-by-section and sprinkled on a coordinating glitter (it truly is easier than it sounds). I set that whole thing aside and worked on my base.

I impressed the front with a Mega Mat Stack 4 die. I also created a mask that I used to protect the area outside the impressed shape from the stamped rays. I clear embossed the stamping and then tied the base with a baker's twine bow. I finished the card by mounting my Text Block: Love shape with foam tape. I love the glittery results I achieved with this technique!

That's all for me today, friends. Make sure to check back in here tomorrow for more with my new products for this month. Heads up, I have a super fun project featuring Block Party coming your way! In the meantime, Nichole and Heather are featuring Drips & Dribbles today so make sure to visit with them. Betsy, Dawn, Erin, Lexi, Melissa Bickford, and Melissa Phillips all have projects on their blogs today, too. So have fun hopping around and I'll see you again bright and early tomorrow!

Recipes:
Holiday Wine Ensemble
Stamps: Drips & Dribbles (available December 15th), Uncorked, Holiday Lights, 2008 Holiday Tags, Framed Out #8 - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Autumn Rose, Ocean Tides, Gold Shimmer, Vellum, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Uncorked Die, Uncorked Words Die, Wine Bottle Tag Die - Papertrey Ink; Gold Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron; Fine Kunzite Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

Mess Of Things Card
Stamps: Drips & Dribbles (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Canyon Clay - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Canyon Clay - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Basic Bookmark 2 Die, Rustic Burlap Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree

Love Is...Card
Stamps: Hello Sunshine - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Love Die (available December 15th), Mega Mat Stack 4 Die - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal, Aquamarine Crystal, Garnet Glitters - Martha Stewart Crafts; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Cherry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Xyron

11 comments:

Cindy O said...

Wonderful cards today and especially your glittered text block!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous cards, especially drawn tot he text block :-)

Grace said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the love cover plate card

Cindy H. said...

Great cards! Love the coordinating wine tag and card!

StephH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StephH said...

Blogger StephH said...
Such creative cards Lizzie! I've been waiting for PTI to offer a splatter-like set and this certainly fits the bill! Your Love card is stunning with all the glitter, bet it is just breath-taking IRL!
(Sorry for the deleted post...darn auto-correct! We need a stamp set on THAT theme! Lol!)
December 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Kathie B said...

Thanks for the clear instructions on your text box creation. I'm really liking the way you combined the dribbles and drips with last month's wine set...

Kathy Krug said...

Love the wine tag and card. Perfect colors.

Terri said...

Beautiful tags & cards! Love those drips & dribbles!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, I told myself I didn't need Uncorked, but after seeing your ensemble using it with your new Drips & Dribbles, I'm going to have to reconsider. So many possibilities. Love your new phrase play too and your detailed instructions.

Unknown said...

Love the Wine Ensemble!