Friday, December 13, 2019

Festive Friday - Two Styles!

Festive Friday Banner

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this week's Festive Friday! We're getting down to the wire now, folks! There is only one Festive Friday after this week. So today I have a couple of pairs of tags to share with you today (full disclosure: there were three of each, but a poorly placed baby wipe killed one of each. Boo!) Since there were only two survivors of each of these styles, I decided to share both today.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_ShapedShakerTags_StampedRibbonTags

First up, I have some shaped shaker tags I made with the Hard Candy Christmas set from Ellen Hutson.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_ShapedShakerTags

These may look complicated, but they're actually pretty simple. I stamped and die cut the front jar and backed it with a clear cardstock die cut before setting it aside. Then, I die cut folded cardstock so that the shape formed a tent. On the inside I stamped my "to:" and "from:" (I forgot to photograph the insides, but I used the same set as on the other tags from today).

On the outside of the tented bit, I stamped the peppermint from Hard Candy Christmas multiple times. I just did some very simple masking to keep them from overlapping. Then, I assembled my shaker using foam tape, chunky crystal glitter, and a few snowflake sequins. I topped the jar with a banner die cut stamped with a greeting from the same set.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_StampedRibbonTags

The other tags are ridiculously easy, but I love how clean and simple they are. I die cut the tags from white cardstock and then stamped them with the ribbon stripes from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments (a set I designed a couple of years ago). I added the "to:" and "from:" from the same set.

Then, I stamped and die cut the bows and attached them with foam tape. I embellished each bow with a faux nailhead to look like the knot of the bow. It's a small thing, but it adds just enough shine to make it pop. A little crochet thread for tying and these were done.

Well, that's all for today! I hope you've enjoyed this week's Festive Friday post. I'll see you back here again next week for a final installment! Have a great weekend!

And if you've missed it, I have a post over on The Greetery's blog today, so be sure to check that out too!

Supplies:
Candy Jar Shaker Tags


Stamped Ribbon Tags

2 comments:

Marilyn M said...

So cute, Lizzie! I love my gift card cozy die and stamp.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I saw your ‘Knit Wits’ post on The Greetery and loved what you did with the drifting die! Love your tags today, I can’t thank you enough for sharing all your wonderful ideas this season. Today is gift wrapping day and you’ve given me loads of inspiration. 😊💝