Friday, October 4, 2019

Festive Friday - Sweet Treats & Christmas Cheer

Festive Friday Banner

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this year's inaugural Festive Friday! I had so much fun with this series last year that I decided to go ahead and do it again. Plus, by the time the holidays rolled around I had more than enough tags on hand to decorate my packages. I hope you'll join me every week from now until Christmas. You could even play along if you're so moved!

This week, I thought it might be fun to create a couple of treat boxes with the new Candy Pops Rectangle die from The Greetery (it releases today at 10am on The Greetery's website, so be sure to swing over there to pick up one of your own).

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_TheGreetery_CandyPopsTreatBoxes

I also paired it with the Tear Away Rectangle Die and Candy Pops Peppermint Addition Die for a super festive package that is perfect for tucking into stockings. In fact, I think I'll probably make more of these so everyone on our list can get a sweet surprise to enjoy while they open presents!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_TheGreetery_CandyPopsTreatBoxes2

On the front, I stamped a sentiment from the Candy Pops Sentiments stamp set. On the back piece, I embossed the "To:" and "From:" from the Speed Tagging Christmas Sentiments set on the tear-away panel. I used the deep rectangle clear bubbles and filled them with Crunchy Mint M&Ms. I'll be honest, I bought these specifically for color, but after trying them I'm a fan. They're like a Thin Mint/M&M hybrid! If you like Thin Mints, I highly recommend them!

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_TheGreetery_CandyPopsTreatBoxes3

I embellished my packaging with a bit of glitter (but only on the outside, so the candy itself is free and clear) along with bits of cherry baker's twine. These truly are so fun and they hold just enough candy to give a little treat without making your sister want to string you up by your toes because you fed her children a boat-load of sugar. Not that I would ever do such a thing (I actually probably wouldn't - that's Grandma's territory).

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed today's Festive Friday kick-off! I'll see you back here next week (if not before). Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
Sweet Treats & Christmas Cheer Treat Boxes


1 comment:

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOOOO cute Lizzie! I love all the colors of Christmas, but there's something so wonderful about red & white with touches of green for cards and treats at Christmas time! These are going to be oooooh'd and aaaaaaaah'd when they're pulled out of stockings or attached to gifts! Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week!! :0)