Thursday, January 18, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Mini Blooms

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this week's Throwback Thursday feature from Papertrey Ink! Today, Heather, Stephanie, and I are sharing projects showcasing Mini Blooms - a super fun floral set. Mini Blooms has long been a favorite set of mine. The array of flowers and leaves in the clusters makes even the simplest card unique and interesting. And you can achieve so many styles with these images! Stamp them in one color for a monochromatic look or use individual die cut blossoms to add more variety and texture. You have to love a set that can do double (or triple) duty!

On my card today, I used a simple technique to make the bright colors pop agains the Green Parakeet cardstock background.

Mini Blooms Thanks Card

I began by stamping the flower clusters in Fresh Snow ink on a Green Parakeet panel. I let that sit for a few minutes to dry a bit and then restamped each of the flowers using a different color of dye ink. I just eyeballed it, but you could use a stamp positioner or stamp press to make this step even easier.

Mini Blooms Thanks Card 2

In keeping with my resolution to use more of the colors that I typically ignore (or straight up avoid), I used Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, and Amethyst Allure in addition to Hawaiian Shores and Summer Sunrise to stamp my flowers. Once that was done, I adhered the panel to a white card base and embellished each of the dots in the clusters with clear glitter. I love the sparkles!

Mini Blooms Thanks Card 3

To finish off the card, I stamped one of the sentiments from the set onto a cardstock strip using True Black ink. I matted that with Bitty Big: Hawaiian Shores paper and added it to the card front with foam tape. I love how stamping in white first allows you to add so much color while still keeping a project flat and mail friendly.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Enjoy your day and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I haven't given it much thought, but I have my favorite go-to ink colors, too. Your pretty card "blooms" and you'd never know you ignore those colors. You've inspired me to try the technique of stamping on a saturated color, in white first. Wonderful throwback Lizzie, thx!! :)