Tuesday, October 17, 2017

More October Papertrey Ink Release: Traveler's Journal: December

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for another day of Papertrey Ink October post-release inspiration! I have a couple of treat boxes to share with you today featuring Heather's new Traveler's Journal: December and Traveler's Journal: December Words stamp sets.

Traveler's Journal Gift Boxes

Heather has cleverly designed these sets to work beautifully for your December mini books, but other projects as well. I'm not much of a mini book maker, but I love the trees and mittens and labels and snowflakes and sweet seasonal sentiments in these sets. I'm sure I'll be pulling them out for my little gift boxes this year!

Christmas Tree Truffle Tote

I started with the Christmas tree Truffle Tote, so let's look at that one first. I began die cutting a box (two pieces) from white cardstock. I stamped my trees on the front using Dark Chocolate for the trunks and Limeade Ice, New Leaf, and Green Parakeet for the bodies. Then, I added the ornaments using Pure Poppy. Next, I stamped the rest of the open space on both die cut pieces with the smallest snowflakes in the set using Spring Rain ink. Then, I assembled the box.

Christmas Tree Truffle Tote 2

Next, I stamped the label onto white cardstock using Pure Poppy ink and added the sentiment from the December Words mini in Dark Chocolate ink. I trimmed that out and used a Crop-A-Dile to add a hole to one end before tying it to the tote handle with baker's twine. My box still needed a bit of sparkle, so I xyroned a strip of cardstock and die cut it (sticky side up) with the Cover Plate: Waves die. I used one of the waves to create a glittered snow bank along the bottom edge of the box. I also used Ruby Slippers Nuvo drops to give my ornaments a bit of sparkle. I almost want to make truffles just so I have an excuse to make more of these boxes!

Next up is the Let It Snow gable box.

Let It Snow Gable Box

When I saw the Dark Indigo Bitty Big paper I knew immediately that I wanted to make a gift box. I love that color (so, so, so much) and the gingham pattern is one that I think works well for the gentlemen in our lives. Between family and friends I have plenty of fellas on my gift list, so now is as good a time as any to get a jump on it, right? I cut my gable box pieces from the paper and assembled the box with Score-Tape. It's my go-to for treat boxes.

Let It Snow Gable Box 2

Then, I stamped the labels in Green Parakeet and Spring Rain inks. I added the sentiment to the open label using Dark Indigo and trimmed out the labels. Then, I stamped the mittens onto white cardstock using New Leaf ink and trimmed them out too. I used a mix of flat and foam adhesives to adhere all of the elements to the front of the gable box. It about killed me not to put glitter on there somewhere (because Christmas!), but in the spirit of masculine crafting I let it go...this time. Ha!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda all have projects to share with you today, so make sure to visit them for more inspiration. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Sandy M said...

Fabulous gift boxes. Love the blue one the best.

TeresaC said...

LOVE your treat boxes, Lizzie!! So fun!!
:)