Monday, April 11, 2016

Introducing Treat Box Tag Lines, Boxed Backgrounds: Stripes, & More King Of The Grill

Good morning, friends! Welcome back to the Papertrey Ink April countdown! I'm so glad to hear that you're all as excited about King Of The Grill as I am. It's super fun to build custom burgers with this set and I have more to share with you today. I also thought today would be a perfect time to introduce a couple of additional sets coming your way this month. Let's get to it, shall we?

First off, I'd like to present Treat Box Tag Lines and Boxed Backgrounds: Stripes! These two sets are designed to compliment the treat packaging dies that you'll see later this week, but they're also wonderful for dressing up the boxes and bags you may already have in your collection.

Enjoy Bouquet Treat Box

I wanted to use these new sets with my Gable Box Die to kick things off. The stripes are the perfect length and width to fit on the face of the box! With just a few simple impressions you have a charming striped package. I began by tracing around a die (just so I knew where to position my stripes) and stamping Mint Julep stripes onto the coordinating cardstock. I used the whole image for the front and back, but only the two center stripes for the sides. Then, I simply die cut the pieces and assembled as normal.

Enjoy Bouquet Treat Box Close Up

Next, I die cut the Treat Box Tag Lines label shape and stamped it with the coordinating frame image using Summer Sunrise ink. I added the sentiments, also from Treat Box Tag Lines, using Berry Sorbet and Stormy Sea ink. Then, I die cut and stamped the Bitty Bouquet using New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Berry Sorbet inks. I attached the label shape and bouquet to the front of my striped box using foam tape. So cute!

Next up I have another look at King Of The Grill to share with you.

Well Done Burger Card

Some of the longer sentiments in this set can be paired with other sentiment elements to create super thick and juicy burgers or they can be split out on their own to look more like condiments. The "Congratulations" sentiment is the perfect example. In this case it's representing a tomato slice. Isn't it fun what simple color substitutions can do for us?

Well Done Burger Close Up

Anyway, I began by stamping the Hello Sunshine rays, inked in Lemon Tart and Harvest Gold, onto a white panel. I built my burger in the space below, adding the die cut buns and olive with foam tape. Most of the colors are fairly self-explanatory, but I wanted to mention that I got the onion color by inking first in Autumn Rose and then tapping in Amethyst Allure ink. I mounted the white panel with foam tape to a card front that I'd covered with patterned paper from the Comic Strip Patterned Paper Collection. Well done? I think so.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, BetsyHeather, Melissa, Erin, and Maile for more inspiration. I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Enjoy Bouquet Treat Box
Stamps: Treat Box Tag Lines, Boxed Backgrounds: Stripes, Bitty Bouquets - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Mint Julep - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Mint Julep, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink
Other: Treat Box Tag Lines Label Die, Gable Box Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Well Done Burger Card
Stamps: King Of The Grill, Hello Sunshine - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Comic Strip Patterned Paper Collection, Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, Autumn Rose, Amethyst Allure, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: King Of The Grill Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

13 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

The treat box is adorable, the stripes! And the burger : D.

Nancy Penir said...

Such fun today! Adorable treat box, and that hamburger, grilled to perfection!

BeverlyBL said...

Your burger is such a cute idea. I love the sesame seeds. Can't wait to hear more about the Gable Box die.

jan metcalf said...

Loving that burger!! Well done!

Georgia said...

Love the burger. Have lots of guy cards to make soon. This will be great for them.

Gina said...

This burger set makes me grin every single time. I love it!!! I love that you made 'Congratulations' the tomato, too. So much fun, Lizzie!! I can't wait to see the boxes later this week!!!!

Kathy Mc said...

So will that burger fit in the gable box for gift giving? LOL. In all seriousness, Lizzie, you are so creative and thought of everything when designing King of The Grill right down to the sesame seed bun!

TLady said...

HOW CUTE! I think it's time for a Burger Cook-Off! LOL What a SUPER JOB on both of your projects! ;)

Diana K said...

Me, it's the olive topped toothpick detail. Love how you think, Lizzie.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,


ADORE your gable box.....GORGEOUS!

Cariños,
María Alba

MTPatB said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all the sentiments for the King of Grill set.

Sandy M said...

Such creative ideas for the box and the card. Can't wait to see what else can be done with the box. Love the stripes

Brithzi said...

Cute projects! The burger card is way cool!