Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Color Pop Butterflies

I'm still under the weather, so I'm going to keep the chatting at a minimum, but please feel free to leave questions and I'll get back to them as soon as possible.

Good morning, Friends! Welcome back for Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink countdown. Today we're showcasing Betsy's new Color Pop Butterflies kit and you're going to fall head over heels!

Color Pop Butterfly Cards

Butterflies are such a lovely symbol of hope and happiness and I couldn't be more thrilled to see them featured in this amazing new kit. The stencils and stamp set make it so easy to create bright, colorful butterflies in no time at all.

Don't Lose Faith Card

I started with the Don't Lose Faith card. I started by sponging and die cutting the three butterflies. I stamped them with the detail images included in the mini set in the kit and gently folded their wings upward for a bit of dimension.

Don't Lose Faith Close Up

Next, I sponged the card base with Aqua Mist and flicked on varying concentrations of reinker. I attached a frame from Erin's new Cover Plate: Delightful and added the sentiment from Inspired: Faith. I used flat and foam adhesives to adhere the butterflies and then sprinkled in a handful of rhinestones.

The second card uses the stencils to create a multicolor background.

You Make Me So Happy Card

I stenciled the different layers onto a white panel before adding the stamped details. I cut the panel with the Sentiment Splits: Curve Horizontal Die and layered the pieces over one of the patterned papers in the Color Pop kit, matching up the pattern. I left the patterned paper unstamped to give a bold contrast to the colorful panels.

You Make Me So Happy Close Up

Next, I sponged and die cut the sentiment. I also heat embossed the small companion sentiment and die cut that with the small banner in the kit. To finish the card, I simply attached those elements over the gap.

Next up, I have another King Of The Grill project to share.

BBQ Ensemble

Let's start with the invitation.

BBQ Invitation

I started by stamping an A2 Green Parakeet panel with Background Basics: Super Gingham in the matching ink. I created the pocket with the Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 2 die and stamped it with the King Of The Grill burger.

BBQ Invitation & Insert

I assembled it and adhered it to the Green Parakeet panel. I stamped the By Invitation text onto a piece of Rustic White and embellished with a piece of patterned paper and a hole reinforcer. I tied on some baker's twine and tucked it into the pocket.

It wouldn't be a party without favors, so I also created a treat box using the new Fry Box die.

Fresh & Tasty Cookie Box

I created the box using Pure Poppy + White patterned paper. I stamped the Boxed Background Stripes on the inside for an extra pop of color and embellished with a Treat Box Tag Lines label. I tucked a sweet treat into the box that's sure to make any party goer smile.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with NicholeAmy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa to see more of these fun new products. Erin and Maile also have more to share with you, so be sure to pop over and check them out, too. See you soon!

Recipes:
Don't Lose Faith Card
Stamps: Color Pop Butterflies Kit, Inspired: Faith - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Winter Wisteria, Amethyst Allure, Plum Pudding - Papertrey Ink
Other: Color Pop Butterflies Die, Inspired: Faith Die, Cover Plate: Delightful Die - Papertrey Ink; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft/Mark Richards; Foam Tape - Scotch

You Make Me So Happy Card
Stamps: Color Pop Butterflies Kit - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Color Pop Florals Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Color Pop Butterflies Die, Sentiment Splits: Curve Horizontal Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Barbecue Ensemble
Stamps: King Of The Grill, Boxed Background Stripes, Treat Box Tag Lines, By Invitation, Background Basics: Super Gingham - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet, Rustic White, Pure Poppy + White Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Autumn Rose, Amethyst Allure, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Fry Box Die, Treat Box Tag Die, King Of The Grill Die, Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 2 Die, Tag Sale #3 Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Lemon, Green Apple Baker's Twine - Divine Twine

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Aqua Mist! Wish you were feeling better!

victoria h said...

You have join us for a BBQ in those beefy sentiments too- I've gotta get this!

Jennifer K said...

Love your BBQ invitation! Makes me want to host a party just so I can send out cute invitations. :)

The Paper Toile said...

Love those butterflies!

Diana K said...

Poor you, Lizzie. Hope you feel better soon. Love your beautiful butterfly cards and that BBQ invite is the bestest. Hugs to you.

Leigh Penner said...

These are fabulous, Lizzie! I especially love your first card -- it's gorgeous!
I can't wait to add this kit & your burger set to my collection!

Janet B. from WV said...

They are all great, but that 2nd one is stunning!

nancy said...

Your butterfly cards are wonderful, Lizzie. They're just so happy. And that's a fun color combination on the BBQ invitation. Hope you're feeling better soon as can be.

Gina said...

I love the 2nd butterfly card - the color + black and white is fantastic!!! And oh, King of the Grill has totally stolen my heart. I can't wait to have it in my hands!!!

Sandy M said...

So gorgeous. The split card is very pretty. I love the backing of the black paper and the choice of bright yellow for the wording. It makes the wording stand out so well. The framed card is beautiful too

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Love,Love,Love!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Love the butterfly cards!

TLady said...

SO MUCH GOODNESS TO SEE HERE!!! LOOOOVE the Butterfly cards....the frame from one of the other new dies is fabulous with this! & the splash of color in the bottom corner! LOOOOVE the strip of black & white butterflies on the second card! SO CREATIVE!!! AND the Grill King sets you've used & the way you've used them, the invitation & cookie holder are YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER JOB ON EVERYTHING LIZZIE! You've OUTDONE yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

MTPatB said...

The sponging on the corner of the card with flicks of reinker and then the white frame makes for such a beautiful card. I also like how you placed the curved cut colored butterfly paper exactly over the black and white print. What a cool look! And cookies in the "fry" box is a great gift. For being under the weather, you produced beautiful creations. You are a trooper!

Brithzi said...

All your projects are wonderful but your cards are amazing, especially the one you stenciled.