Saturday, November 14, 2015

Celebration Inspiration

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink November countdown. Today's group post is all about birthdays! Everyone loves a festive birthday celebration! The new stamps and dies we're sharing today are totally fabulous and simply perfect for creating cards, tags, and packages that will delight folks of all ages. Hold on to your party hats, everybody! This is going to be super fun!

I have two ensembles to share with you today. Let's start with the bold girlie set.

Confetti Present Ensemble

The pink, black, and gold color palette of this gift set makes me so happy. How about we take a closer look at the card first.

Confetti Present Card

I began by creating a shaker with the Enclosed: Present dies. I stamped the solid backer piece with assorted confetti dots and trimmed the "for you" from the top die before assembling the present. I added a gold foil bow to the top of the box before adhering it to a True Black card front that I had textured with the Sunrise Impressions 2 Impression Plate.

Confetti Present Close Up

The sentiment, from Birthday Cheer, was gold embossed on the card front and the gold foil die cut word was added to the gift box. It's simple, but thanks to that color combo, it packs a nice punch.

Next up is the coordinating tag.

Confetti Present Gift Tag

I followed similar steps for the tag, but I left the die cuts in tact for this one. I didn't make the tag a shaker, deciding instead to attach the gift to an Enclosed: Basic Folded Tag die cut.

Confetti Present Tag Interior

I stamped the inside with the sentiment and "to:/from:" from Enclosed: Present and punched a hole to allow for a tie-on string.

The second ensemble is a little bit more colorful, but still just as festive.

Celebrate Birthday Ensemble

Let's look at the gift box on this set first.

Confetti Pillow Box

I stamped a confetti pattern onto Fresh Snow Linen cardstock before die cutting the pillow box. I then die cut one of the Scene It: Celebration shapes from additional Fresh Snow cardstock. I stamped it with the coordinating star images before attaching it to a Tropical Teal circle that I'd heat embossed with the Keep It Simple: Birthday II sentiment. I attached it to the assembled pillow box. Easy peasy!

The coordinating card was just as simple.

Celebrate With Style Card

I began by die cutting the Birthday Cheer word from a sheet of my new Confetti Toss Patterned Paper. I then cut a second "Celebrate" from Harvest Gold cardstock and inlaid that into the patterned paper. I heat embossed the companion sentiment onto a Tropical Teal card base before adhering the patterned paper/sentiment layer with foam tape.

Celebrate With Style Close Up

Then I went over the printed confetti pattern and embellished with glitter and Glossy Accents. I love the shine and sparkle of the embellishments!

That's all for me today. I hope you enjoy today's group post. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, DawnHeather, Kay, Laurie, Melissa, Erin, and Maile for more of this month's fabulous release. See you tomorrow with the November wrap-up. Have a great day!

Recipes:
Confetti Present Ensemble
Stamps: Confetti Toss, Birthday Cheer, Enclosed: Present - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: True Black, Clear Cardstock, Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, True Black - Papertrey Ink; Delicata Gold, VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Enclosed: Present Die, Birthday Cheer Die, Sunrise Impressions 2 Impression Plate, Enclosed: Basic Folded Tag - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Marshmallow Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh; Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree

Celebrate With Style Ensemble
Stamps: Birthday Cheer, Keep It Simple: Birthday II, Scene It: Celebration - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terra Cotta Tile, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Scene It: Celebration Die, Birthday Cheer Die, Essential Pillow Box - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Golden Beryl Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Glossy Accents - Ranger

13 comments:

jan metcalf said...

I too love the color combo with black pink and gold! And the sentiment "they say its your birthday"! Greatb looks.

Nora Noll said...

What amazing projects! I LOVE the new paper and the dies are fabulous!!

Cathy R said...

Wow! The confetti stamps look so clever, can't wait to try them.

BeverlyBL said...

All are so pretty, but I love the black and gold.

merryf said...

These are great! What a versatile set the confetti is!

Brithzi said...

Fantabulous projects! Everything is gorgeous.

Norsprncss said...

Lizzie, all of your examples are amazing! I love how you used the confetti set in so many different way, to get so many looks. Of all of the cards, I like te one on the black base the best, so striking'

Leslie S. said...

Your projects are fabulous and the first card is stunning!

Kathy Krug said...

wonderful designs. The present makes a perfect tag.

MTPatB said...

LOVE that shaker card--great colors!!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie.

Your color combos are STUNNING!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Unknown said...

Love the colors!

DIANA L. said...

The first one is So elegant, great ideas.