Monday, January 12, 2015

Text Block: Party Time - Day 3

Good morning, All! Welcome back to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink January Countdown. I'm excited to be back today with another project featuring my new Text Block: Party Time die!

I wanted to share a project showing the die dressing up an invitation.


I began by stamping a piece of white cardstock with the gift strip from Background Basics: Birthday Fun in Simply Chartreuse ink. I also stamped the gifts on scrap white cardstock in Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, and Aqua Mist. I trimmed out a few of the gifts from the scrap stock and affixed them over the presents on the invitation. Next, I stamped the invitation text and lines onto the invitation's face using Smokey Shadow and Berry Sorbet inks.


Next, I die cut three white Text Block shapes and one striped Aqua Mist patterned paper shape. I adhered them together and placed them on the invitation front so I could see where to stamp the "April 4th" sentiment in Simply Chartreuse and Summer Sunrise inks. Once that was stamped, I adhered the Party Time shape to the invitation. It's a fun and brightly colored invitation that's perfect for my niece's upcoming 1st birthday!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with another project featuring the Text Block: Party Time die. In the meantime, make sure to visit Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa Phillips, Lexi, and Melissa Bickford for more of this month's release. See you tomorrow!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, By Invitation, Monthly Moments: Tabbed, Background Basics: Birthday Fun - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Party Time Die (available January 15th) - Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

Karen O said...

Great use for the "party time" die! Love the ideas.

Kathy Krug said...

Love that invitation. So very special.

Diana K said...

This is a really fun party invitation, Lizzie. I'm loving your new Text Block!

Unknown said...

I'm RSVPing... ;-) Another cute card!

Kathy Mc said...

Your invitation is adorable and love the versatility of your new Text Block, Lizzie.