Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Little Birdie Is In A New Nest

Today is Sean's first day in his new restaurant (same company, different location) which means yesterday was his last day at the Short North store. It's going to be a tough transition in some ways. He's going to come up with silly jokes about cabbage and John won't be there to fill in the punch line. He won't have Raphael to give bad advice about girls or Thomas to talk to about obscure music. He won't have Scott to confirm that the new Geico commercials are funny (even though they aren't).

But he will have a whole new cast of equally awesome characters to get to know. Guadelupe already told me she's going to keep an eye on him for me (to make sure he's not flirting with other girls - she called it her second job). I love Guadelupe. He tested a deodorant joke on me this morning that is sure to please. He is a talented manager and communicator that will charm his way into the hearts of his new employees without much resistance. So while the transition will not come without a little heartache and sadness, it marks a bright new beginning.

Today's card is a little message to my dear husband that I am thinking of him today. My little birdie is in a whole new nest and I'm keeping him in mind while I go about my day. It's OK little birdie. You'll do just fine.



The base is Strathmore Ultimate White that has been scored with my Scor-Pal and stamped with the pin dot from Polka Dot Basics. The Stampendous sentiment is stamped in Burnt Umber ink. The corners were rounded with the medium (green) corner rounder from EK Success.



I used a few of the stamps from the Pretty Birds set with a little creative masking. The image stamped on Kraft and colored with colored pencils and mineral spirits. The stamped layer is then matted with Ripe Avocado and mounted to a scalloped circle of Dark Chocolate cardstock.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card and I hope Sean is having a great first day. Take care...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Ultimate White - Strathmore; Ripe Avocado, Kraft, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink; Pretty Birds (Kim Hughes Collection) - Cornish Heritage Farms; Christmas Sentiments - Stampendous
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Sky - Paper Salon
Tools: Scor-Pal, Scalloped Circle Punch (purple), Circle Punch (pink) - Marvy; Nesting Circles Dies - Quickutz; Medium Corner Rounder (green) - EK Success
Other: Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Foam Tape - Scotch, Mineral Spirits

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Totally cute!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute. I have been debating all day whether to buy some Kim Hughes stuff or the fabulous PTI stuff being shown this week, and now I am really undecided. I love what you did with the bird and the branch and the polka dots!

Unknown said...

OK, i have to delurk now :-) I subscribe to your blog with google reader, so I normally read you on my blackberry and don't get to comment, but PTI Blog Hop night is for commenting, right? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. Never did it occur to me to use colored pencil on kraft. Huh.