Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's Finally Here! And I Don't Mean Valentine's Day. . .

Tonight is the Papertrey Ink anniversary release! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I have yet to work on the color challenge that was issued today, but I wanted to share a project just in case I don't get back with a card. This is one of my Guest Star Stamper submissions for this month.



The challenge was to create a sympathy card. I used one of the sentiments from the With Sympathy set along with the large and small stars from the Text Boxed set to create this card. The stars are supposed to resemble a band (think Milky Way) of stars across the sky. I stamped the stars using Frost White ink on a navy textured cardstock. I distressed the edges of the white layer with a sharp pair of scissors before layering it under the navy layer.

The sentiment was stamped in Burnt Umber ink. The brads are white American Crafts brads that I rolled in Midnight Blue Stazon and heat set. Hopefully, I'll get back with another card before the night is through, but if not, enjoy the release party!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore; Navy blue: Paper Company
Stamps: With Sympathy, Text Boxed - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox; Midnight Blue - Stazon
Other: Sheer white ribbon; Foam tape - Scotch; White mini brads - American Crafts

No comments: