Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Back . . .

A little later than I expected, but back none the less. This has been a busy couple of weeks. I've been working to get my business in line with my launch later this month. I won't bore you with the details.

I've also been working on several different projects that I can't share just yet. Sometimes it's a bummer to work really hard on things, only to not be able to share them with everyone. But it will be that much cooler if I can share a project along with an announcement. Hopefully that will happen one day soon.

For today though, I have a Christmas card. I've been thinking about Christmas a lot lately, and I figured this might be a nice way to encourage others to think Christmas, too. It comes so fast. One minute it's Labor Day and the next you are fighting for your life in a department store. Not this year.

Anyway, it's a pretty simple card. Mostly Papertrey products. The cranberries (or holly berries, or whatever berries you like) are dotted with Glossy Accents so the have a slight texture and shine. You don't really see it in the photo, but it's there.



Alright. I need to draw this fun to a close. I am currently suffering from a mighty wicked cold and I need a nap. This is one of those "sleep-23-hours-a-day-wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-gasping-for-air-see-double-of-everything" sorts of colds and the longer I'm on the computer the more I become a cranky pants. Peace out...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink, White - Strathmore, Green - Bazzill
Stamps: Rustic Branches - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: Spring Moss Saddle Stitched - Papertrey Ink, Brown 1/4" Satin - American Crafts
Brads: Round Copper Mini Brads - Making Memories
Dies: Nesting Flowers Dies - Quickutz
Other: Foam Tape - 3M

3 comments:

Suzanne :O ) said...

I'm glad to see you're back.. I've been enjoying your blog since the gallery idol challenge :) this card is beautiful; your cards always have a very simple, clean look which I love. I hope you feel better soon!

-Suzanne :O )

Unknown said...

VERY cute Christmas card...Welcome back.

IamDerby said...

I love this card! gorgeous!