Friday, February 14, 2020

Concord & 9th Guest Designer - Meadow Blossoms & Brushed Stripes

Good morning, friends! I am so excited to be guest designing with Concord & 9th this month! I've loved their designs for a while now and I am totally pumped to be joining them for their February release.

To kick things off for this month, I'm sharing a card I made with their brand new Meadow Blossoms and Brushed Stripes sets. The second I saw the gorgeous Meadow Blossoms floral I knew I wanted to do some coloring. So that's exactly what I did!

LizzieJones_Concord&9th_MeadowBlossoms_BrushedStripes_ThankYouCard

I haven't done much no-line coloring, but these flowers seemed perfectly suited, so I started by stamping them in pale gray ink. Then I used a mix of Copics and Prismacolor pencils to add shading and depth. Sometimes when I use markers by themselves I feel like things get away from me a little bit (perhaps that just means I need more practice). I love this technique because I feel like it really gives me control over how much color is going down.

LizzieJones_Concord&9th_MeadowBlossoms_BrushedStripes_ThankYouCard3

Once my flowers were finished, I die cut them using the coordinating die and embellished the flower centers with a bit of my favorite crystal glitter. I just felt they needed a little something extra and this little touch of sparkle did the trick. I set those aside while I stamped the Brushed Stripes background onto a white panel using the same pale gray ink from before, but I reinked a few times to build up the color a bit. I used a darker gray for the sentiment from the Meadow Blossoms set.

LizzieJones_Concord&9th_MeadowBlossoms_BrushedStripes_ThankYouCard2

I adhered my flowers to the front panel of my card and trimmed the overhang off the edges. Then, I attached that panel to a coral card base to give a pop of contrast once the card was opened. I debated adding more embellishments, but in the end decided that allowing the coloring to shine was the best option. I'm really looking forward to trying these flowers in even more colors!

Thank you so much for joining me today. I'll be back for the next few Fridays with even more inspiration from this month's Concord & 9th release. In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
Thanks Card

No comments: