Thursday, September 27, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Mighty Oak Collection

Good morning and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday feature. This week, Laurie, Lexi, and I are showcasing the Mighty Oak Collection.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_MightyOak_WineBottleTag2_PetalBox_ThanksgivingHostessEnsemble

This time of year I love using a brilliant variety of colors to make foliage the star of the show. The Mighty Oak Collection is the perfect choice for those vivid autumn projects! The stamp set is packed with patterned leaves and the coordinating cover plate makes arranging them an absolute snap. I paired Mighty Oak with a couple of my favorite packaging dies to create a Thanksgiving hostess ensemble that I can't wait to give!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_MightyOak_WineBottleTag2_PetalBox_ThanksgivingHostessEnsemble2


I began with the wine bottle tag. I die cut the Wine Bottle Tag #2 from Rustic White cardstock and stamped it with the tree trunk from Mighty Oak. I die cut the Cover Plate: Might Oak from thin copy paper and placed it over the stamped trunk, using it as a template for stamping my leaves. Then, I heat embossed the Sentiment Staples: Thanksgiving greeting in gold on a Terra Cotta Tile banner (cut using the Wine Bottle Tag #2 die). I added that to the bottle tag with foam tape for a touch of dimension.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_MightyOak_WineBottleTag2_PetalBox_ThanksgivingHostessEnsemble3


The treat box is just as simple, but with the same vibrant colors. I began by die cutting a Petal Box front panel from Rustic White and two full box pieces from Terra Cotta Tile. I stamped the Rustic White panel with the tree trunk and leaves just as I had with the wine bottle tag. Then, I heat embossed the sentiment from Mighty Oak using gold powder. I adhered that panel to the front of one of the box pieces and then assembled it as normal. I finished it off with a twine bow tied around the handle.

Thank you so much for joining me, friends! Make sure to check in with Laurie and Lexi to see what they're doing with the Mighty Oak Collection today. I'll be back tomorrow with a Festive Friday post featuring a set of holiday tags that I hope you'll love. See you soon!

Supplies:
Thanksgiving Hostess Ensemble

1 comment:

Jeanne H said...

What fun seeing some Mighty Oak cards again. I'll have to get my set out again now that it is Fall! tfs