Friday, July 13, 2018

Introducing Ombre Sentiments: Thinking Of You, Pierced Feature Frames, and Glorious Globes: July

Good morning, friends! Welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink July countdown. Thank you so much for your kind words about my new Kit 'N Caboodle set that we introduced yesterday. It warms my heart to know how many other cat ladies are out there looking forward to that set! Today I'm back to (officially) introduce my new Pierced Feature Frames Dies, Dawn's Ombre Sentiments: Thinking Of You set, and the newest edition in the Glorious Globes series. That's a lot of good stuff, so let's get started!

My first card today pairs a sentiment from Dawn's Ombre Sentiments set with the Pierced Feature Frames and a couple of smiling kitties from Kit 'N Caboodle.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_KitNCaboodle_ThoughtsOfYouCard

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto the coordinating cardstock through the Stencil Basics: Dots stencil. Then I die cut two of the largest frame in the Pierced Feature Frames collection and set them aside for a moment.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_KitNCaboodle_ThoughtsOfYouCard3

Next, I stamped the tuxedo cat from Kit 'N Caboodle directly on a white card base using Honey Nut and Cocoa Bean inks. I used Pale Peony for his nose and mouth and Aqua Mist for his pretty eyes. The whiskers are second generation Cocoa Bean. I also stamped and die cut the sleeping kitty. I used Canyon Clay and Terra Cotta Tile on his body, Terra Cotta Tile on his facial features, and second generation Cocoa Bean on his whiskers.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_KitNCaboodle_ThoughtsOfYouCard2

I adhered the frames to the card front and then stamped my sentiment in Cocoa Bean. Then, I adhered the sleeping kitty in place using foam tape and embellished the tuxie's eyes with Glossy Accents to give them a little texture. I love that the kitties both appear to be smiling. Their smiles tie in nicely to the greeting.

Next up, I have a card pairing another of Dawn's sentiments with the Glorious Globes from this month and last.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_GloriousGlobes_WishYouWereHereCard

I began by stamping the globe from Glorious Globes: July onto a white panel I cut with the Pierced Feature Frames die. I mentioned this the other day, but it bears repeating: The Pierced Feature Frames not only cut a pierced frame, but also a pierced mat that you can use as a focal point. I love that these dies do double duty!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_GloriousGlobes_WishYouWereHereCard2

I also stamped a "ground" using one of the cloud shapes from Rebecca's Yellow Sunshine set and the sentiment from Dawn's Ombre Sentiments: Thinking Of You set. Then, I stamped and die cut the luggage from Glorious Globes: June and popped them up with a bit of foam tape.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_OmbreSentimentsThinkingOfYou_PiercedFeatureFrames_GloriousGlobes_WishYouWereHereCard3

Next, I die cut two of the smallest frame in the Pierced Feature Frames collection from Dark Indigo cardstock. I adhered them to a Classic Kraft card front and adhered the focal panel over them using foam tape. I like that the two frames have a different style than a simple mat. They give the background a bit more character.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, but in the meantime Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie have projects to share highlighting these fabulous new stamps and dies. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies:
Thoughts Of You Card


Wished You Were Here Card

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I'm back again too! I couldn't wait to see your newest globes and botanical style is a fav. Anything tropical looking. The smiles on your kittys, gave me a smile too. I was "inspecting" the details on your frames, you gave them a lot of thought and can be used over and over. Maybe even for photo mats? I LOVE this release, thx Lizzie!

Sandy M said...

The frames will be a winning addition to my stash. So much you can do with them. I love the kitties. They really look to be smiling.