Thursday, February 8, 2018

Papertrey Ink 2018 Anniversary Set

Good morning, friends! I'm popping in quickly today to share a project made with Papertrey Ink's 2018 Anniversary set, Mixed Bouquet.


This set is a truly special collaborative effort between several of the product designers (including Jennifer Campbell, our newest designer)! We worked together to create a beautiful set of flowers that can be used individually or together to create a unique floral arrangement. I can't wait for you all to see it, so let's go!

Mixed Bouquet On My Mind Card

I began by stamping a variety of flowers onto a Rustic White panel. Then, I die cut the panel using the rectangle dies from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die to create a frame.

Mixed Bouquet On My Mind Card 2

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the set onto the center panel. I then used the scalloped card base die from the same die collection to cut a Classic Kraft card base. I adhered the central panel flat onto the card base before tying a twine bow around the card base.

Mixed Bouquet On My Mind Card 3

Then, I used foam tape to adhere the frame to the card front. I love that the front of the card has texture and dimension, but the pattern is still seamless thanks to the simple die cutting technique.

Thank you all so much for joining us today! We hope you enjoy this year's anniversary set. It will be available on February 15th at 10pm and can only be purchased with reward points, so I hope you've been saving those bad boys! Enjoy the rest of the anniversary festivities and I'll be back soon with a few more fun things to share. Have a great day!

Supplies:

8 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Love, love, love the design of this card -- not just the beautiful new stamps, but the use of the A2 Scallop dies, the twine treatment and the raised outer border. I can't wait to try this! I am so inspired by your work, and that of the wonderful DT at PTI!

merryf said...

Oh Lizzie, this is absolutely spectacular! I love all the movement and interest going on here -- all the layers, and the die-cuts, and the twine!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I remember how you used a similar layout with Gathered Garden and LOVE the design. Congratulations on your beautiful flower design, does that make it your second? This is a Beauty of a card, thx so much Lizzie!! :)

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, this is fabulous! Love how you cut out the center but then added more dimension raising up the outer frame. Can’t wait to try this myself. Thanks for always inspiring and for being there for our dear Dawn! This anniversary set is the best idea and super collaboration that complements each other.

Sandy M said...

I am loving the soft colors on your card. Using the dies to add stitching and scallops really brought the card together.

nancy said...

Lizzie, I neglected to comment on this anniversary stamp set post, but had to let you know how lovely your card is. Your use of the rectangular frames and soft colors is so very pretty. Two more reward points and I'll be able to try out this design for myself!

see mary stamp said...

I have so many floral sets, but this card convinced me I need this one too. Just lovely.

Regina said...

If only I would have know, I would have kept on saving my points. Now I have to start all over.I wish one could buy other way.. I love it and your card is lovely. I evn wrote down the color s you used.
Thanks,
Regina