Friday, August 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Halloween Hugs & Wicked Elixir

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for another day of inspiration featuring the new Papertrey Ink August release (available now on the website). Today I'm sharing a couple of projects featuring Betsy's Halloween Hugs Kit and my Wicked Elixir set. Let's start with Betsy's kit!

We don't get any trick or treaters anymore (too far outside of town), but there are a few kids in the neighborhood that I'd still like to give small treats to mark the holiday. I knew I wanted to create a little treat box, so that's where I started.

Frankie Treat Box

I die cut box the box pieces from Smokey Shadow cardstock and added True Black stripes using Make It Market stencil. I assembled the box (you can view instructions HERE) using a nice, strong adhesive. I prefer Scor-tape.

Frankie Treat Box 2

Then, I die cut the Frankie face from patterned paper and sponged his chin with New Leaf ink to give some dimension. I die cut his hair from True Black cardstock and his bolts from Luxe Silver cardstock before assembling Frankie’s parts and attaching him to the box with foam tape.

Frankie Treat Box 3

Next, I die cut the tag from the patterned paper in the kit. I punched a hole in the tag and tied it to the box handle with baker’s twine. Cute and easy!

Supplies:

Next up is a non-Halloween card made with Wicked Elixir. I still have a few ideas about year-round use for this set that I hope to share in the near future, so stay tuned. For today, I have a get well card.

Feel Better Soon Card

I began by die cutting the largest bottle from Wicked Elixir and sponging it with Aqua Mist ink. Then, I die cut the smaller bottle and stamped it with coordinating image in Canyon Clay ink to represent a little prescription bottle. Next, I die cut the cork shape, leaving it blank, and adhered it to bottle to look like a cap. I used the chisel tip of a Copic (to create the red cross) and stamped “RX” to create medical label. Then, I die cut and applied the label to the bottle.

Feel Better Soon Card 2

I die cut an angled base and lay it on my card front to help with sentiment placement. I stamped the sentiment and Sunflower Harvest sunflowers before texturing the card front with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.

Feel Better Soon Card 3

Then, I die cut and stamped an additional sunflower and leaf. I stamped a couple of stems onto the large bottle. Next, I adhered the patterned paper panel to my card front with foam tape and layered on the bottles and flower. I slightly curled the leaf with my fingers and tucked it beneath sunflower to finish the card.

Supplies:

No comments: