Thursday, July 27, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Instant Photo Pull Out Die Collection

Good morning and welcome back for this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday feature. Today, WandaBetsy, and I are sharing projects showcasing the Instant Photo Pull Out Die Collection. Now I'll be honest, I don’t use many photos in my crafting. But I am always trying to come up with new, adorable ways to invite people over for a party or a meal. The Instant Photo Pull Out Die makes a perfect pocket invitation! Isn't that lucky?!

Birthday Party Pocket Invitation

To start with I die cut the sleeve part of the die collection from Tropical Teal cardstock. I stamped it with the streamers from Hooray using the matching ink and then embossed the Fruit Salad sentiment using white powder.

Birthday Party Pocket Invitation 3

Next, I lined the inside back panel (the part you see when the insert is removed) with Bright Buttercup patterned paper. I just love that bright pop of yellow! Then I just assembled the pocket using nice, strong adhesive (I prefer Scor-tape, but anything similar would do).

Birthday Party Pocket Invitation 4

Next, I created an invitation on my computer and printed it onto white cardstock. I made sure to leave enough space at the bottom to stamp an image and then die cut it using the insert die. I followed basically the same steps that Erin shared on her Computer Generated Sentiments On Die Cuts Make It Monday tutorial from a few years ago. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Birthday Party Pocket Invitation 5

Then, I lightly penciled the window onto my insert so I knew exactly where I wanted to stamp. Then I stamped the shadow from In The Shadows and the cake from Invitation Basics inside that opening. Once the ink was dry (just a few minutes), I erased the pencil.

Birthday Party Pocket Invitation 2

I wanted to dress up the pull tab a little, so I added an eyelet and tied on a bit of Baker's Twine. Here's a little secret...that eyelet was originally white. I actually purged most of my unused supplies when we moved a few years ago, so these were the only ones I had left. I ended up coloring it with an R29 Copic and it worked perfectly (aside from a few colorful finger tips)!

Well, that's it for me today. Make sure to visit Betsy and Wanda to see what other ingenious ideas they have up their sleeves. Have a great day, everyone, and I'll see you again very soon!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Great invitation,Iove the colors and the computer generated text.
I had missed the Make it Monday instruction from March 2012, so thank you for including it.
I had made some Christmas cards a couple of years ago for a friend and he wanted his name printed on the inside. I was able to do it, but it took me quite a while to figure it out, so I am very happy to watch Erin's video on how to do it.
Again thanks

Bonnie T. said...

These make such cute party invites! So cheerful and festive!