Thursday, May 18, 2017

Throwback Thursdays: Rainbow Stripes Die

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday Feature. Wanda Guess, Heather Nichols, and I are all creating projects showcasing the Rainbow Stripes Die. It’s been awhile since I played with the Rainbow Stripes Die and I was quickly reminded how much fun it is to use! It’s such a colorful, not to mention easy, way to draw attention to a sentiment or focal point on your cards. I enjoyed pairing this die with a negative die cut to add a cheerful rainbow behind my greeting. Let's get to it!

You & Me Card

I began by die cutting the rainbow stripes out of Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, and Spring Rain cardstocks.

You & Me Card 4

Then, I attached the stripes to a Classic Kraft card base in a slightly offset manner. Next, I used one of the larger ampersands from the Grand Ampersand die to cut a negative out of a panel of white cardstock.

You & Me Card 3

I also used that same die to trim down a double ended banner die cut so that the pieces would nest right next to the ampersand. Once the pieces were cut down, I heat embossed them with words from Grand Ampersand to spell out the phrase "you & me."

You & Me Card 2

I attached the white panel to my card front with foam tape and then adhered the small banner bits into place. I love how clean and simple this design is while also remaining cheerful and colorful. I'll definitely be doing this again!

Thank you for joining me today. Make sure to visit Wanda and Heather too! Have a great day!

Supplies:

No comments: