Tuesday, April 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Circled Symbols

Good morning and welcome back for another day of Papertrey Ink release projects! Today I'm sharing a card I created with Nichole Heady's new Circled Symbols set. This stamp set is so clever! I love how you can mix and match the different symbols to create a whole series of phrases. I had a strike of inspiration when I saw one of the images upside down and I ran with it.

Ho Ho Ho Card

The image I saw upside down was the "OH" circle. When viewed upside down it looks like "HO" and a Christmas card was born!

Ho Ho Ho Card Close Up

I began by die cutting a white panel using the Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection. I stamped the Santa from Santa Stationery in Aqua Mist ink and the "HO"s in Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, and Pale Peony.

Ho Ho Ho Card Flat

I added a companion sentiment in black before adding a Pure Poppy mat and setting the panel aside. Then I stamped a Green Parakeet card front using the Fair Isle Borders set in the matching ink. I adhered that panel to a white card base before attaching the Santa panel with foam tape.

Ho Ho Ho Card 2

I embellished the berries on Santa's hat with clear glitter for just a hint of sparkle.

That's all I have for you today! Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to check in at Nichole Heady's blog to see who else has projects to share with you. Have a fabulous day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Jane C. said...

WOW Lizzie what a creative stroke of genius!!! Love your card.